5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Mustang healing....Com'n in...lol.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 04:28 AM
ttoppedaerocoupe
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang healing....Com'n in...lol.

i love my pony, i wouldnt trade it for anything.

those nights are what make all the heart and headaches worth it.

alex
Old 08-29-2006, 04:36 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

On a calm summer night you can catch a glimpse of my black cobra stalking in the shadows of the state beaches. When there is nothing to do, and nothing to worry about, I take a cruise down to the south end of the state (30 minutes away), and just cruise the coastline. Looking out over the water, seeing the moon reflecting off the midnight waves.

And not another sound but the soothing purr of an untamed small block ford in 3rd gear around 2k rpms..... just.... kroozin!!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 05:04 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

i can remember when i used to date my fiancee....she lived about 45min away, well i would drive my car up to her house on the weekend nights. It would be daylight, about 4:30-5:00 in the afternoon when i got up there...well i would stay until about 3:30-4:00 in the morning..on the way back i can remember being so tired i would almost, i mean almost fall asleep...the drone of those flowmasters at about 2,300 will put you to sleep. Well, i rememeber like he said, the soft glow of the gauges. But i would sometimes drop by and talk to my mom at work, she was an RN nurse at a nursing home on the way back to my place. So i would stop in and chit chat with her and then head on hom, which was still 20 min away. But the rest of the way was through the middle of the country and i can remember just cruising those back country roads like i owned him, flying down them like a bat out of hell and there was this one spot i always came to a dead stop in the middle of the road and then ran her through about 3rd gear, because after that i would have to slow down because of a sharp corner. But i miss those days. I didnt have a whole lot of worries then, i could just do that kinda stuff, go cruising at like 4am, no one would even know i was gone. It was just a good time then....

Now i got a stomach ulcer, bills, rent to pay, college to deal with. Those days are over already...i grew up to damn fast. Thats why today was such a big thing to me. It took me back.....you know, i guess thats why all the old guys from the 60's are selling their fine china to buy the old Camaro's, Cuda's , Roadrunners back...to get that feeling back. I fell sorry for some of you guys, because when your their ages and you sold you Mustang to get a STI or a LT1 Camaro or whatever...one day your going to look back and that be one of your regrets, your not going to get the same feeling as you do with a 5.0 mustang. Its an old school car in a new school world. Its small, light and relitively fast. And your not going to get the same badass feeling you do when your driving a 2001 Camaro LS1 with the air conditioning blasting you and your nice leather seats and all that. I know they're fast...but the feeling just isnt there.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:34 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Of all the cars ive have, the one i miss the most was my 1991 Ford probe GT. I remember every day i spent nursing it back to health after rescuing her from the junkyard. Everything from putting cloth seats in her, to the engine swap and countless transmissions. I miss it because it was my first fast car, to this day it is still my fastest. My Cobra couldnt keep up with the ol' probe in the 1/4. It saddens me every time I look at my old pictures and think about the day i finished installing the new motor, then took off to PA from RI.... the same day I finished rebuilding her, we went for a 5 hour drive.

I can truly say that the memories of that car will be with me forever, and although i love my stang..... its just not the same. I wish I could just sit in her one more time, listen to the engine purr, listen to the hatch rattle, the sweet smell the car made when it boosted (never could figure that one out..... smelled like strawberries).

203whp/286ft/lbs enough torque to spin the tires in 3rd gear and a dry weight of 2790lbs

Old 08-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

I know what you mean. Sometime when I get off work I drive around for an hour or so to clear my head before I go home. I work evenings and it's dark when I get off work and so peaceful sometimes to just cruise.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:56 AM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cindy

I know what you mean. Sometime when I get off work I drive around for an hour or so to clear my head before I go home. I work evenings and it's dark when I get off work and so peaceful sometimes to just cruise.
Hells yeah I can relate, my car has been down for 2 years getting rebiult from when my gf ran it into a building. About 2 weeks ago I finally got all the paint and bodywork done along wiht a bunch of other mods and it was about 2:00 am when we fired it up got it timed and pulled codes to give me the go ahead........Backed it outta the garage for the first time in 2 years man the feeling was the most rewarding feeling I have ever had. Went out on the highway and opened the throttle, they seem 10 times faster when you havent drove them in a year or so. I was just insane with laughter.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:17 AM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

I work in the city about 20-25 minutes from my house in the stix and i get on the interstate with the top down and the radio off and just cruise, my favorite part is getting onto the on ramp as i run up through second gear and into third while other cars aren't letting me in)f*ckers) so i hammer the pedal and laugh cause they cant keep me from merging .... then its cruising home to the tone of magnaflow just taking in the woodsy scenery and fresh upstate air. That keeps me sane, with work and all, its the best way to clear your mind.

5.0 is therapy!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Old_Smokey
2nd Gear Member

the drone of those flowmasters at about 2,300 will put you to sleep
Hell yeah man I would feel the Z Z Z's coming on whenever i would be driving home in the early hours. Best part was, there was always someone out there on the way home who would speed past me while I was relaxing with a rice and I would hit it and than it would wake me up again.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:10 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I think one of the best times was about a month or two ago. It was a Monday night and I was suppppper bored. I called a buddy over and we just went cruisin in the boonies. We ended up driving about 30-40 miles into the farmland and got lost. But the best part was that it didnt even matter. It was like 2 in the morning, no streetlights, just open farmland, beautiful weather, stars out, etc. the whole nine.

Everything was perfect for about two hours of just driving until I hit a racoon. I pulled a u turn to see if it was ok and as I was on the side of the road looking at the baby racoon screaming for its life after I just shattered its legs a cop pulls up behind me and puts his lights on. He asked what we were doing n I told him about the racoon and he just says "yea they are nasty animals" "liscense and registration". He harassed us for about 20 mintues because he thought we were doing soething wrong because there were two teens out in the farmlands just driving at 2:00 in the morning. I gave him my pba cards and everything and he still gave me a ticket for obstruction of view for the air freshner around my mirror[:'(] Well, yea he ruined my night!
Old 08-29-2006, 05:11 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

I think one of the best times was about a month or two ago. It was a Monday night and I was suppppper bored. I called a buddy over and we just went cruisin in the boonies. We ended up driving about 30-40 miles into the farmland and got lost. But the best part was that it didnt even matter. It was like 2 in the morning, no streetlights, just open farmland, beautiful weather, stars out, etc. the whole nine.

Everything was perfect for about two hours of just driving until I hit a racoon. I pulled a u turn to see if it was ok and as I was on the side of the road looking at the baby racoon screaming for its life after I just shattered its legs a cop pulls up behind me and puts his lights on. He asked what we were doing n I told him about the racoon and he just says "yea they are nasty animals" "liscense and registration". He harassed us for about 20 mintues because he thought we were doing soething wrong because there were two teens out in the farmlands just driving at 2:00 in the morning. I gave him my pba cards and everything and he still gave me a ticket for obstruction of view for the air freshner around my mirror[:'(] Well, yea he ruined my night!
What a total dick head. You know, thats exactly why there IS SO much street racing. Because kids just wanna hang out in the parking lots, not bothering anyone or anything and the cops just have to harrass the **** out of them. We used to hang out at the Local Discount Tire, but that all ended because the cops started coming up there and running everyone off every Sunday night. All we were doing was chilling, probably 100 people in the parking lot, it was like a car show every Sunday night. Hell, even the old guys would bring their GTO's and Nova's up there and shoot the sh*t with the kids. It was alot of fun, but that all ended.

I just want like $300,000 to buy a big *** parking lot and start something up like that again. Maybe an airport runway or something like that. Start a small drag strip, just race old school, at the drop of the hands. And make so the dick head cops couldnt stop us. They ruin everything. Ive gotten to where i dont even like to go to the drag strip anymore because the cops all crowd around the entrance in their cruisers and try to pick everybody off for bullsh*t violations, like front tires being to skinny, or car is to low in the front. Bullsh*t like that.

Quick Reply: Mustang healing....Com'n in...lol.