5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Mustang healing....Com'n in...lol.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:27 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang healing....Com'n in...lol.

I don't think the cops in TX have the ***** to try that...too many rednex. There would be a state-wide riot if cops started harassing people at the tracks....especially w/ Ennis Motorplex so close (and popular).
Old 08-29-2006, 05:46 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I always thought mustangs were cool, but my family was just not the type to have one in the garage. On a weekend trip home from my first(there were more then one) freshmen year of college my parents said that they were gonna go and look at trading in my mothers 87 ford tempo. I was not the least bit interested until they said that she really liked the new mustang and wanted to take a look at it. This was back in '93 when everyone was still waiting for the new SN95 body to come out. I could not have been more amazed when my parents put money down that day on a new GT with out even having a test drive, they were not at dealerships yet. $ weeks later we made the trip to pick it up and I was immediatly in Love with the car. I was really suprised that my parents were cool enough to give me the keys to take out. That car was the 2nd in town of that body style and I felt like a king in a lambo or something will all the looks I got from it. People pointing, gawking, and just asking questions. I think it was probably the first time in my life I felt cool and I was on my parents for the next 12 yrs to sell it to me. They eventually bought mom a 300m as the clutch was too heavy and bothering her hip. I was sure that it was mine until dad said that he was just gonna keep in the garage. FINALLY this last march they said I could get it. I took a flight back to indiana for a friends wedding and drove back in the "MOMstang" with my brother. I have since had the moments described above by everyone else, can't wait to give her some attitude now.......
Old 08-29-2006, 07:28 PM
LOUDexhaust
3rd Gear Member

Well i've had my stang for only about 2 months and don't really have any good stories. But today i was on my way home trying to turn left on a busy road and when i got a chance i goosed it my rear end broke loose. saw a cop in my mirror and got the hell outta there!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

I don't think the cops in TX have the ***** to try that...too many rednex. There would be a state-wide riot if cops started harassing people at the tracks....especially w/ Ennis Motorplex so close (and popular).
haha, man, i wish it was like that here. Last time i went to the strip when i raced my buddies civic i got a warning for my front tires being to skinny. I got out of my car and took a tape measure i had in my back seat (i fabricate for a living) and measured them right in front of him, they were a half inch wider than state regulations. My tires are 3 1/2 wide on the front. His *** still gave me a warning for them. Aint that some bullsh*t?

I always thought mustangs were cool, but my family was just not the type to have one in the garage. On a weekend trip home from my first(there were more then one) freshmen year of college my parents said that they were gonna go and look at trading in my mothers 87 ford tempo. I was not the least bit interested until they said that she really liked the new mustang and wanted to take a look at it. This was back in '93 when everyone was still waiting for the new SN95 body to come out. I could not have been more amazed when my parents put money down that day on a new GT with out even having a test drive, they were not at dealerships yet. $ weeks later we made the trip to pick it up and I was immediatly in Love with the car. I was really suprised that my parents were cool enough to give me the keys to take out. That car was the 2nd in town of that body style and I felt like a king in a lambo or something will all the looks I got from it. People pointing, gawking, and just asking questions. I think it was probably the first time in my life I felt cool and I was on my parents for the next 12 yrs to sell it to me. They eventually bought mom a 300m as the clutch was too heavy and bothering her hip. I was sure that it was mine until dad said that he was just gonna keep in the garage. FINALLY this last march they said I could get it. I took a flight back to indiana for a friends wedding and drove back in the "MOMstang" with my brother. I have since had the moments described above by everyone else, can't wait to give her some attitude now.......
I hear you on that man, you'll more than likely have many many more to. I wouldnt give up my stang for anything, im going to be the 50yr old guy with the car he drove in highschool still tucked away in his garage, built to the hilt and all the high school kids then are going to praise my car and be like " Crazy old man...car is way to fast for him" Like all of us do now when we see an old guy driving a built up Cuda or Mustang fastback. Just sit and stare googly eyed at it as it rolls past.

Thats why i said i feel sorry for all you guys that sold your mustangs and bought something else. Take Addermk's situation..he sold the car he put his heart and soul into and he regrets it every moment of every day. I was thinking of trading my car to a guy down the street once, he had a 1969 Nova 4 speed with a 396..the car wasnt as fast as mine, the paint was a little bubbly...but the day i was suppost to trade it hit me...something inside me told me that if i traded my car i would regret that for the rest of my life....i called the guy and told him i had changed my mind. So...after that i realised i could never get rid of the ole stang. I had to many good memories in it.

Well....keep the stories rolling guys....its interesting to hear how some of you guys got your cars and regret selling others.....
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 PM
red50stang
2nd Gear Member

I remember when I was younger just going down to the river walk, w/ my friends and going to the track. But now I'm in the navy and I don't have time to just go out and drive. But right now I'm trying to put my mustang back together and when I finish it, I am going to take leave just to go and drive for hours for a few days. I noticed that when you can't do that it makes life so much more stressful, these days it seems like if I could just go out and drive life would be so much easier. I understand what you mean by ulcers, bills, rent etc. when you're behind the wheel it just seems like all of that goes away and it's just you and the road, and all you can hear is the sound of pipes blarring as you drive. Man I miss those days, but a few weeks and cruisin here I come.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:01 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Yes, women SUCK and mustangs rule!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:36 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

^^ THats a true statement right there....wemon arnt worth the money you spend on them...stay single. Your mustang is the only p*ssy you need. Itll never cheat on you and it cant go anywhere without you. And it doesnt get pregnant.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:57 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88stangaruu

^^ THats a true statement right there....wemon arnt worth the money you spend on them...stay single. Your mustang is the only p*ssy you need. Itll never cheat on you and it cant go anywhere without you. And it doesnt get pregnant.
would be nice if they did so i could have little baby mustangs with my DNA