5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

the mustang that shouldn't have been made...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 03:13 PM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

Default RE: the mustang that shouldn't have been made...

I never used to like Foxes either...but they definitely grew on me. It's definitley what the Mustang was intended to be. I hear you on the fact that they are missing the trademark "hockey stick" in the door of the car. I like the compact, aggressive look of the foxes though. Personally I prefer GT's (I like the Cobra bumper idea as well, but then my dumps would just be hanging down, and looking like ***), but I really do enjoy a well done LX, either notch or hatch. Personally I'm really tired of SN-95s and New Edges around here...besides the fact that 90% of them are sixers.

As far as girls not liking Foxes...you gotta find some new girls, lol. My current loves it (she drives an 87 Iroc, which is a piece, lol), and 90% of the girls I have talked to really liked the car. It really feels good to get compliments in public from other people...but it's pretty awesome to have a lady tell someone else how "hot" your car is, lol...But anyway. A couple of my friends don't really like the look of them, but **** them, right? lol. Most people I talk to like it. I treat Foxes like a brotherhood. I wave to them when I see them on the roads, and I always try to talk to the owners and pay them a compliment when I see them around.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:11 PM
91stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

Wow, that sucks with all you guys having girlfriends that hate your car. My GF LOVES my car and has no problem with spending hours and hours in my garage working on my car! Seems like you guys need new GF's! lol But I will admit, she didnt like cars when I first met her but you just have to take her to the track, car shows, show her some crazy video's online, etc. Basically you have to train them lol

teach me oh great one...[sm=hail.gif]
Old 10-03-2006, 06:47 PM
88 rubber eater
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 91stang

Wow, that sucks with all you guys having girlfriends that hate your car. My GF LOVES my car and has no problem with spending hours and hours in my garage working on my car! Seems like you guys need new GF's! lol But I will admit, she didnt like cars when I first met her but you just have to take her to the track, car shows, show her some crazy video's online, etc. Basically you have to train them lol

Its so easy, a caveman can do it! Just go to my website and order my CD. Then follow the five easy steps and PRESTO, you have a woman that loves Stangs!

LOL, I guess I got lucky too. When I was driving a beater van around while doing bodywork on my car my gf asked me EVERDAY "when is your Mustang going to be on the road?". Its cool b/c she totally understands that there are 2 babies in my life, her and my car. She even got a kick out of a red-light-romp that I had a few weeks ago when she was in my ar!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Muk_Mustang92
2nd Gear Member

When I was looking for a new car my dad wouldnt even consider buying a 94+ mustang. My grandpa's bought an 88 brand new and still has it in perfect condition with only 70k miles!!!!

I guess the fox body style really does grow on you because it took me awhile but I love the way the GT's and LX's look.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:34 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

^^ I have also heard the same... The probe is actually a quick little car.
WooHoo go probe, thats what I owned before my mustang they can be made fast but they break down allot, and you have to get all your parts from mazda ford makes nothing for them anymore thats why I got rid of mine, plus you can't beat the sound of a V8 (and a HUGE aftermarket)
Old 10-03-2006, 09:06 PM
91stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88 rubber eater

ORIGINAL: 91stang

Its so easy, a caveman can do it! Just go to my website and order my CD. Then follow the five easy steps and PRESTO, you have a woman that loves Stangs!

LOL, I guess I got lucky too. When I was driving a beater van around while doing bodywork on my car my gf asked me EVERDAY "when is your Mustang going to be on the road?". Its cool b/c she totally understands that there are 2 babies in my life, her and my car. She even got a kick out of a red-light-romp that I had a few weeks ago when she was in my ar!

haha ain't that the truth