5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Phoney?? or the real deal?? 1990 7UP stang- can you tell byVin #?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:11 AM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

Default Phoney?? or the real deal?? 1990 7UP stang- can you tell byVin #?

I was looking on ebay and found this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AMT%3A12<br />

I thought it was supposed to be emarald green with white leather, white top, and turbine wheels.

I read and see black cloth,pony wheels, no luggage rack. premium sound should have door speakers ?or was premium sound not part of the package?

can you tell if its a 7up that has seen better days an been fixed up or a clone by VIN #

Now I,m really gettin confused
Old 10-04-2006, 02:23 AM
mrbigshot
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Phoney?? or the real deal?? 1990 7UP stang- can you tell byVin #?

he lies. heres a bit of info on the so called 7up cars. its not rare, they were the 4th most popular color if i rember right. white, black, red were slightly more popular.

In 1990, Ford desired to increase the sales and visibility of the Mustang convertible, now 4 years since the last major update. They introduced the Deep Emerald Jewel Green 5.0 LX convertible. This car became the basis on which the later limited edition convertibles were created.

All of these limited editions started life out as LX coupes (as all prodcutions convertibles were) and were sent to Car & Concepts to have the roofs removed and special white tops installed. All the cars had Preferred Equipment Package (245A) and the Special Edition Package (562) installed. The 562 package consisted of Deep Emerald Jewel Green metallic paint, color keyed body side moldings and mirrors, white leather Mustang GT style seats, white interior trim (dash, door panels, armrests, rear seat), and the Mustang GT's 15" turbine wheels(instead of the 10 hole LX wheels). The only other options were Automatic Transmission, rear axel ratio, and a engine block heater.

These limited edition Mustangs are sometimes called the "7-UP" cars. The color and option package originally came about for a co-promotion with 7-UP. As part of a planned $20 Million in prizes, 30 of these cars were to be given away following the NCAA Final Four championship in April, 1990. A heavy amount of promotional and advertising displays featuring the car were to be displayed nationwide. Unfortunatly the whole deal fell through and 7-UP never ended up promoting the cars, for what reason is still unknown. The 30 cars ended up going to 7-UP employees in an internal contest.

The most reputable estimate on how many of these cars were produced is 4103 with 261 of them built for export. Of those, 2743 came with automatic transmissions
Old 10-04-2006, 02:40 AM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrbigshot

he lies. heres a bit of info on the so called 7up cars. its not rare, they were the 4th most popular color if i rember right. white, black, red were slightly more popular.

In 1990, Ford desired to increase the sales and visibility of the Mustang convertible, now 4 years since the last major update. They introduced the Deep Emerald Jewel Green 5.0 LX convertible. This car became the basis on which the later limited edition convertibles were created.

All of these limited editions started life out as LX coupes (as all prodcutions convertibles were) and were sent to Car & Concepts to have the roofs removed and special white tops installed. All the cars had Preferred Equipment Package (245A) and the Special Edition Package (562) installed. The 562 package consisted of Deep Emerald Jewel Green metallic paint, color keyed body side moldings and mirrors, white leather Mustang GT style seats, white interior trim (dash, door panels, armrests, rear seat), and the Mustang GT's 15" turbine wheels(instead of the 10 hole LX wheels). The only other options were Automatic Transmission, rear axel ratio, and a engine block heater.

These limited edition Mustangs are sometimes called the "7-UP" cars. The color and option package originally came about for a co-promotion with 7-UP. As part of a planned $20 Million in prizes, 30 of these cars were to be given away following the NCAA Final Four championship in April, 1990. A heavy amount of promotional and advertising displays featuring the car were to be displayed nationwide. Unfortunatly the whole deal fell through and 7-UP never ended up promoting the cars, for what reason is still unknown. The 30 cars ended up going to 7-UP employees in an internal contest.

The most reputable estimate on how many of these cars were produced is 4103 with 261 of them built for export. Of those, 2743 came with automatic transmissions
so is he a liar about rare,and that it is a phoney???

The car looks like it was pieced together to be a clone. I was just wonering if there was a way to tell phony from the real deal?

so not only is it not that rare,but the car is far from original if it is a real 7UP package.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:38 AM
mrbigshot
3rd Gear Member

both, there is nothing rare about a plain jane emerald green lx convertable. if it were a real "7up" (xof30) that it would be rare. himm calling that rare is like me calling my 95 f250 rare because it is silver and didnt come with air conditioning.

if it was a real 7up and he changed everything he made the car worth less, not like the real 7up cars go for much more. 5500 for pristine examples, figure 300-500 more than a comparable lx.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 AM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

ok thanks for the info. I saw the car and said hey that doesnt look rightand waned to be sure.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:21 PM
GreenHornet92
2nd Gear Member

here is a breakdown of the vin number...you will need to see the door tag to double check the interior colors and codes

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...vinResults.asp
Old 10-04-2006, 01:49 PM
ROTTITANK
3rd Gear Member

Missing the white wheels,white seats and spoiler. The dash shouldnt be white either.....PHONEY