5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Trading wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Trading wheels??

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: Black Snake

I was under the impression that this car is street driven, if your turning this car into a strip/street car, then go for it.
I like the bullets on ur car makes it unique,
LOL it is mainly street driven. But a trip to the track every now and them is a must!! I love the bullits too, but the 11's(high or otherwise) are callin' my name!! Damn snake, now you got me secong guessing myself and I hate that. Originally, I was gonna send the 2 front wheels out to be narrowed to 5"s. Now that would be unique
Dont get me wrong, your car will look bad *** with slicks and the wheels. But how ofter do u see a notch with bullits? Not very.

Now how often do you see a notch with 5 stars or other type of drag wheel. I see them all the time. Granted they look badass because it is just a bad *** stance.

Since its winter right now I would just wait and save for some tires and wheels so the car is ready for spring when u can take it to the track.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:42 PM
ModularFox
Banned

i say go for it. i always wished i could go with prostars but im 4 lug still. but IMO theres nothin meaner or more intimidating than a nice lookin fox rolling down the street on a set of all bussiness slicks and skinnies. plus you will be saving weight, shaving off ET while looking pissed.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:43 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

I was under the impression that this car is street driven, if your turning this car into a strip/street car, then go for it.
LOL it is mainly street driven. But a trip to the track every now and them is a must!! I love the bullits too, but the 11's(high or otherwise) are callin' my name!! Damn snake, now you got me secong guessing myself and I hate that. Originally, I was gonna send the 2 front wheels out to be narrowed to 5"s. Now that would be unique
Dont get me wrong, your car will look bad *** with slicks and the wheels. But how ofter do u see a notch with bullits? Not very.

Now how often do you see a notch with 5 stars or other type of drag wheel. I see them all the time. Granted they look badass because it is just a bad *** stance.

Since its winter right now I would just wait and save for some tires and wheels so the car is ready for spring when u can take it to the track.
Haha, yeah maybe, we'll see.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:45 PM
ModularFox
Banned

I know u want to lower your ET but what Im saying is what are you going to use got the streets? Granted those will work good but, not too great for the street.

So if u trade ur bullets ur gonna have to run those rims all the time until u get another set.,
nothings wrong with those all the time. have YOU ever daily driven that set up before on the street? because ive been doing it for 3 years now with those wheels on my car, with ET streets in the back and i havnt had a problem yet.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
loeryder21
2nd Gear Member

personally i like them but its not up to me is it lol they're in new condition and look sick on the car... i would do it
Old 11-16-2006, 07:47 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: ModularFox

I know u want to lower your ET but what Im saying is what are you going to use got the streets? Granted those will work good but, not too great for the street.

So if u trade ur bullets ur gonna have to run those rims all the time until u get another set.,
nothings wrong with those all the time. have YOU ever daily driven that set up before on the street? because ive been doing it for 3 years now with those wheels on my car, with ET streets in the back and i havnt had a problem yet.
Yup, fatties and skinnies very popular around here on street cars.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Champ561
3rd Gear Member

Why are they not a street friendly setup? Its kinda funny just before signing on today I was thinking about trying to get my hands on a set of those. How much is a full set? And what do you think I could get for mine? They are 17x9 True cobra r with nitto 555 255/40ZR17
Old 11-17-2006, 04:04 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

They are not street friendly because the skinny's in the front, so turing at semi high speeds makes it a lil difficult. Its only a like a 6 inch wide rim. plus tires arnt cheap for the rear.