5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Double clutching ????????/

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Simon9350
1st Gear Member

Default Double clutching ????????/

I know this probably seems like a stupid question to most but WTF is double clutching????
Old 11-23-2006, 11:43 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: Double clutching ????????/

something you dont need to worry about... its a fast and furious term tossed out there to make vid diesel look like he knew wtf he was talking about...

the only vehicles that still need to be double clutched these days.. are big rigs

(all it is... is when you press the clutch pedal, release the car from gear, release the pedal, then press it again and put the car back into gear...) kinda gay
Old 11-23-2006, 11:47 PM
XXC
3rd Gear Member

Hmm.. from what I heard, double clutching is just simply hitting the clutch twice to raise the rpm's during a take off..

Launch.. spin, let off clutch, slam back on... hook.

Works for me, maybe it's not double clutching but get's me ahead of every other car I race
Old 11-23-2006, 11:49 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

something you dont need to worry about... its a fast and furious term tossed out there to make vid diesel look like he knew wtf he was talking about...

the only vehicles that still need to be double clutched these days.. are big rigs

(all it is... is when you press the clutch pedal, release the car from gear, release the pedal, then press it again and put the car back into gear...) kinda gay
and us ppl w. ****ed up syncros[:@]... i double clutch into 2nd and 3rd... she grinds like a ***** fuka...and like he said, its pointless, and a waste of time... and fast and the furious is ****ing gay.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:51 PM
XXC
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

and us ppl w. ****ed up syncros[:@]... i double clutch into 2nd and 3rd... she grinds like a ***** fuka...and like he said, its pointless, and a waste of time... and fast and the furious is ****ing gay.
Why would you double clutch 2nd and 3rd? that's just slowing you down.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:52 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XXC

Hmm.. from what I heard, double clutching is just simply hitting the clutch twice to raise the rpm's during a take off..

Works for me, maybe it's not double clutching but get's me ahead of every other car I race
thats new to me... i just launch the car at 2500, and feather the clutch, keep it right on the brink of spinning, and just ride that fine line... it takes practice... but is how i no how to launch... what ur sayin is new to me, sounds like it would take a lil time...and ever other car u race prob doesnt have the torque u have... race a "real" car, that might not work out.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:54 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Why would you double clutch 2nd and 3rd? that's just slowing you down.
because my syncros are shot.. it wont go in unless the rpms are matched... this is why im getting a new trans(dont have the time to rebuild mine), and also why i dont race it at all right now
Old 11-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Simon9350
1st Gear Member

Alright I was right, I dont see the benefits to it but I saw it on that one guys pic and thought I would ask. I personally like the stomp and dump method it works pretty well for just f***ing around HAHAn Thanks guys
Old 11-24-2006, 12:02 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

who has it on what pic?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:03 AM
XXC
3rd Gear Member

thats new to me... i just launch the car at 2500, and feather the clutch, keep it right on the brink of spinning, and just ride that fine line... it takes practice... but is how i no how to launch... what ur sayin is new to me, sounds like it would take a lil time...and ever other car u race prob doesnt have the torque u have... race a "real" car, that might not work out.
So are you a real car? You want to "race" ?

Quick Reply: Double clutching ????????/