5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 04:27 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Help!!

id say either a gift certificate worth like $250/300, or just give him cash and let him buy what he wants. i mean, cash or gift cert is the same thing pretty much, but, if you give him cash, he can look for the best deal and then buy what he wants.....IF he wants anything. which, i dont see why he wouldnt.....hes a guy w/ a 'Stang. "bad *** boys drive bad *** toys"
Old 09-16-2004, 09:59 AM
MandyGirl

Yeah you're probably right! I'll do that and it will save me the headache. Thanks guys[sm=thanx.gif]

PS - I'm gonna mention that dishes thing too...
Old 09-16-2004, 10:11 AM
LOVEMY88GT
I ♥ Acer

also i would wash his car and buy some of the wax as you dry stuff. It really makes the car look puurrteeeyy!! haha
Old 09-16-2004, 10:43 AM
MandyGirl

Just for future reference - his bday isn't until July, but I want to get the interior of his car redone for him (we already ripped out EVERYTHING except the driver seat) so can anyone tell me where the best place is to look for that stuff? (just the carpet, paneling, dash - that kind of stuff). Tks
Old 09-16-2004, 11:26 AM
LOVEMY88GT
I ♥ Acer

Well look in the phone book for a car reapulster. Because when you have that kind of stuff done you want it to look good and be done well. Otherwise it is going to be alot of work and you are going to just have a bunch of headaches. Also it depends on what your doing. Are you going with everything the same as it was stock or are you going with racing seats and such? It should not cost that much to do everything back to stock but to have it done right it is worth it to have someone good do it.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:11 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfast

damn..that is simple huh?*L*
SEE, NOT ALL OF US "OLD FARTS" ARE GOING SENILE JUST YET, HE JUST BEAT ME TO IT IS ALL!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:12 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MandyGirl

My boyfriend has an 88 GT and all he wants for xmas is stuff for his car, but he won't say what. I know better then to buy a guy ANYTHING for his car w/o specifics, so if anyone can help me out and give me some ideas of what I could buy for him I'd really appreciate it.

Yeah...what does he have already and how much money are you willing to spend?
Old 09-16-2004, 03:14 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MandyGirl

Just for future reference - his bday isn't until July, but I want to get the interior of his car redone for him (we already ripped out EVERYTHING except the driver seat) so can anyone tell me where the best place is to look for that stuff? (just the carpet, paneling, dash - that kind of stuff). Tks
try www.50resto.com for most of that stuff and if you can't afford the new stuff, check out www.stangparts.com for used parts. they're a big salvage yard in winder, ga who specializes in Mustangs of all years and models.