5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

why do ppl hate on verts?? and automatic

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Streetracer911
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: why do ppl hate on verts?? and automatic

I just think its funny when people have verts(any car) and when its nice they always have it up and only sometimes down....I really only like the sun roofs....you can open it when you want or close it...I just think verts are a waste of money for the amount of time you use them...and the funny part is most of the newer cars have ac in them....I just think thats so stupid....

in conclusion verts = waste of time and money period..
Old 12-27-2006, 07:51 PM
jrt1990
3rd Gear Member

I don't necessarily hate verts or autos but I'd much rather do without. But I do hate on V6 stangs
Old 12-27-2006, 07:57 PM
jimbo5.0

i have a 93 lx vert .the car was originally an automatic i swapped it over to a tremec 5 speed and you would not believe the difference in power. its not a daily driver but it does get tiresome driving in traffic . a c4 compared to an aod would probably be a world of difference also. so i geuss it what you like, as for me i will stick with my 5 speed vert!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Raphs50
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 7upedition

I have an Auto 'vert, and while the 'vert maybe heavier, it is more versatile than a coupe with the weather, while the argument can be made that coupes are safer, and less flexible. Also auto trans are more reliable, provide smoother shifts, faster shifts, can be built up with a shift kit, stall convertor, and valve body and will outshift any T5 down the track any day of the week. Hence, all pro racers use automatics, and serious track duty weekend warriors sport C4's. And a manual valve body can be shiftedjust like a 5 spd. LentechAutomaticsAOD
I don't know about autos being more reliable. I had a Perfomance Automatic AOD with a full manual valve body and transbrake. I had nothing but problems with it. The last straw was when it locked up the rear end at about 80 -90 MPH (shifing from 3rd to OD). I nearly lost control of the vehicle.
I was urged to keep it, andI think for stricktly drag racing it is easier and more consistent. I was not looking for easy though, I wanted something more fun to drive, and although I did have to shift every gear, it's just not the same as a stick.
BTW, I have a PA AOD for sale. Needs a rebuild, but the valve body was just reworked if anyone is interested, PM me.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:17 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

the ladies like the verts ull get more looks but most people on here are speed junkies so they favor the coupe,hatches
Old 12-27-2006, 08:28 PM
tom50
2nd Gear Member

If you live in cali, verts are the ****!!! PERIOD!!
Old 12-27-2006, 10:33 PM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

It's so refreshing to read everyone enjoying their 1st amendment rights.... expressing opinions. Verts and AOD's have their plusses and minuses. Own what meets your preferences, and don't hate others who have different preferences.

Now if someone was saying they love their vert for the quiet ride, stiff chassis, and light weight, then flames would be in order. Same goes for the manual shifter who loves how it behaves in stop-and-go traffic.... especially with the heavy clutch needed to handle major power mods.

I'm a vert/AOD driver because where I live, how I drive, my mods, and what I like fits for that combination. I don't hate manuals or coups, or their owners, no matter how their opinions or values might differ from mine.

"Can't we all just get along?"

Old 12-27-2006, 10:47 PM
ponyboy88
3rd Gear Member

both my sisters had 3.8 vert autos, i have the 5.0 stick

i gotta say, sometimes i wish i had a vert, t-top wouldnt be bad either but ill always stick with the 5 speed

i drive autos at my job doin delviveries (i deliver booze to the rich and famous of east hampton) and they just get boring, i feel like i could take a nap while driving

no doubt girls love verts
Old 12-27-2006, 11:20 PM
88droptopgt
2nd Gear Member

At this stage in my life I LOVE driving sticks. I just came off 8 years of driving a Chev Caprice Cop car. The 5.0 will be fun and mine IS a vert.
The 87-93 stang will be a collector car in the coming years and like most any collector car to date, in most cases the Verts bring more $$$$.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:28 PM
LX 5.0
3rd Gear Member

I never ragged on anyone here for owning a vert or a auto... Though I assume if anyone does it's becausea vert fox is simply less efficient. As far as auto's. Whats a stang without a clutch? The only reason I see anyone owning an auto is for the track and only the track.

Quick Reply: why do ppl hate on verts?? and automatic