5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I got beat by a Honda!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 11:41 PM

Default RE: I got beat by a Honda!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Johnny5.0

ORIGINAL: Pynch

the ITR engine isn't all that great. The only reason its so popular is that it can handle the PSI better then any other honda engine. its only puting out around 180hp and 140 ft/lbs of tourqe at the fly wheel. With minor mods any decent runing 5.0 should be able to take it. Hookin up tho is a lot different with the FF then the FR. Before i bought my mustang i owned a 02 civic SI, i know alot more about the import scene then i do about the mustang scene.
Yeah it doesnt sound like you know much about the "import scene" you must have forgotten than that the itr engine code named b18c5 makes 195hp. Not to mention the comment on "it can handle more PSI better" Take a look at the compression ratio on one.

The car isnt as light as it appears either. They are filled with heavy bracing from the factory due to being so small and having the removable top. They actually weight quite a bit more than the civic hatch.

But that car either way should net 13's with a stock b18.
You're right on the b18c5 part, but do you know the real weights of the Del Sol chassis? There are just a few trims of the Del Sol that are heavier than 2500 lbs. That's still pretty light considering the T tops.

Old 11-18-2004, 08:58 AM
diablo9861
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I got beat by a Honda!!!!!

Hey as i read somewhere "Racing in a honda(import) is like the special olympics, even when you win your still retarded." HAHA so just tell him that next time you race a honda or other import. If you would ask me i wouldnt care if a honda beats me, the way i see it they are in way different classes. For one mustangs weigh a s hit load more. So thats obvious. If its a fox body, than its older so there for technology of the engine is older, newer cars car coming with more HP and being quicker as more tech. comes along. As well as our cars are older and the engines are tired packing less power as they origianlly did. If somone beats me in an import, i got congrats you beat a heavier older POS, if my parents spent that much money on my car i could prally beat you HAHA. Only cars i consider a good challenge are GM's and other v-8s anything else i could care less about. Though my best friend has a high 12 second civic that im destined to keep up with HAHA. Someday. So have fun guys.