5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Just bought my first mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
dougiefresh26

Default RE: Just bought my first mustang.

looks good buddy... from my past mistakes i've learned buying already worked cars could screw you sooner or later.. just keep your head up and maintain it well.. good luck hopefully you don't run into any problems
oh ps dump those rims immediately please for the rest of the 5.0 owners.. check out ROH Racing Rims lightweight and they look good as hell
Old 05-14-2007, 11:00 PM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: p1bigun

run while you cn (it's addicting) ya'll leave 'em alone we all had to learn somehow
****, dont i know it, lol, ive got somewhere along the lines of 50 track days and a handfull of roadraces combined between my 600 rr street bike, and my track-only 05 gsx-r 600 that i sold recently, i know exactly how addicting it can be, lol. the street bike was, well, street. so not a whole lot of money into it, but the suzuki had about 6 grand in track prepping. but nothing else comes close to track riding, worth it 100%. it's my sanctuary, where else can you push the limits of speed and traction, improbe your riding (or driving) skill, in such a controlled environment, with ambulances at the ready? i never believed in racing, or even riding hard on the street, not worth it at all. i've never been afraid of wrecking a bike or a car, its just money, but id never want to hurt myself, or much less someone else because i was doing something i had no business doing, and not giving myself a margin of error on the street.

I would get some different rims though
id agree on the new rims tho.
oh ps dump those rims immediately please
lmao i knew they would come up... yea i hate the rims, but hes got some decent dot roadracing tires on them, so as soon as i run the crap out of them, im going rim shopping.

how much did you pay?
6.5k, the car has around 15k in labor and parts, mostly in engine work, machining, and tuning, all through a performance shop that i've got some experience with on my bikes, and my dad has always used for his 80 fox. and as far as things breaking, i'm no stranger to completely tearing down and rebuilding a motor if it comes to it, its just the machine work and tuning that i dont know much about.

oh speaking of that, my dad bought a 5.0 in 1980, brand new, and roadraced it nearly every weekend until a couple months before i was born in 86, so just imagine how giddy and excited he is, lol you would've swore i bought him a car, lol. nah, hes real excited though, and is looking forward to riding 'shotgun' (drive, haha) at the track with me to give me 'pointers' (drive, lol)
Old 05-14-2007, 11:28 PM
F250sd
1st Gear Member

Congrats. I just bought my first Mustang in March. Motor is bone stock except for a flowmaster cat back, but it does have custom paint.

On the motorcycle thing, I rode dirtbikes and atv's for years (got my first bike 20 years ago) and when it cam time to do the street, I resisted the urge for a Yamaha R6 and I purchased a Suzuki SV650. Figured it had enough power to have fun with, but not to much for a newb.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

wow that sounds like a fun car! And Welcome to MF
Old 05-14-2007, 11:36 PM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F250sd

Congrats. I just bought my first Mustang in March. Motor is bone stock except for a flowmaster cat back, but it does have custom paint.

On the motorcycle thing, I rode dirtbikes and atv's for years (got my first bike 20 years ago) and when it cam time to do the street, I resisted the urge for a Yamaha R6 and I purchased a Suzuki SV650. Figured it had enough power to have fun with, but not to much for a newb.
oh man the sv650 is a great bike to get into track days btw, there's nothing like that v-twin torque curve, and even though the bike may not be as fast as a 600cc i4 on paper, it's all in the riders skill, i've got an older buddy, maybe 30 years older than me on an sv650 who absolutely rapes the kids on their shiny new 1000s and 600s on the road corse
Old 05-14-2007, 11:47 PM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

Whats it putting out to the wheels with that setup you should get a little better time it seems like.

O ya I want your fox
Old 05-14-2007, 11:49 PM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

before the new intake manifold, n/a it was right at 300 to the wheels, so probably not far from there now

i've never taken it to the track yet though, this wednesday i'll probably trailer it down and ill make a motor pass or two and see what i can manage, though i've never raced a car before lmao so you can likely subtract a second from my times if you want to know what it runs. what revs do you guys leave the line at? lmao coming from a guy who leaves at 10k, i've honestly got no idea.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:38 AM
95fiveO
1st Gear Member

looks good.... seems to be pretty quick....definetly not driven kindly. lol....she used to be white.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...0700d68e6f.htm