5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What mod do i need to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:16 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What mod do i need to do?

ORIGINAL: iceman89gt

for a 306 with no more than i have on it i would say so myself but ya know theres always someone running 11.55 or some **** like that with the same setup on here. funny thing is though there never seems to be any videos hardly of all these killer cars. thanks for the compliment, i have worked preety hard on this car. another thing i dont see is how alot of these guys say they have this and that but if you add it all up they would have had to start the build at age 9 to be able to afford it. i mean heck i make 130,00 a year and the wife makes 30,000 a year and granted we have kids and all but still im usually having to save money up for parts. im almost done paying for my house and land also. i guess its the age diffrence.
It's not about how much you make. it's about debt to income ratio, what your prioritis are, what deals you can get, etc.

Take me for example. I only make about $60,000 a year. But but between July and December of last year alone I bought gears, a shift kit, ratchet shifter, injectors, intake, heads, camshaft, nitrous, roll bar, 4 new tires, a Tweecer RT, gauges and pods, a procharger supercharger, a methanol injection kit, stereo, subwoofer, amp, portable GPS for the car, and I rebuilt the tranny. I'm sure there are other small thingsI forgot...That leaves me with 320ish rwhp off the spray, 430rwhp with the spray.

I've since sold the heads and intake, but still have the rest. And most people in the 5.0 section have seen plenty of videos and pictures of the car. Hell, usually every time I installed something new,I took plenty of pictures and posted them to show my progress.

So not everyone that says they have X,Y,Z is making it up and not everyone has to start saving at age 9 to be able to afford it.

I pay for a house that I own with the GF that i've been with for awhile and I pay for my basic utilities. No kids, credit cards all paid off, car loans all paid off, student loans all paid off...

Old 05-15-2007, 10:47 PM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

i completely understand, what im saying is not everyone theres a few of us who do and others who dont, i agree with the debt to income situation and trust me i work my ***** off for what i make and travel constantly. been supporting kids since 17 years old and still with the same girl which is my wife, got 3 hellions now. wasnt too far from your neck of the woods at the begining of the year. erie,PA philly and just last week got back from plymouth,MA working at pilgrim nuclear station. i guess i worded it wrong but you get where im coming from right!!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Oh, i completly know what you mean. I have seen my share of posts here where I've looked at their combo and said "huh?" after seeing what they said their numbers and times were. But some people do manage to scrape together every little penny they have to build a decent setup

In my situation, it helps to ahve a friend that owns a dyno / garage
Old 05-15-2007, 11:13 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

only reason i can drop cash into mine is from 2 jobs and cheap student loans and scholarships... i also live with the rents and dont really have expensies other than lunch weekend fun and cars... price gas inscurance.... so its kidna nice... college was all paid for with scholarships which a few grand left over... and i took out that nice staford loan cuz its a lotta cash and hardly ne interest so i can have more fun... and the 8grand i get... bout 2k a semister helps with gas as well... 700miles a week when i am goin to school.... and i work a job during school and 2 in the summer.... so its a nice amount of play money.... on yea the alero is paid off and the mustang will be paid off this summer... got like 4grand to go i belive... another 4-6weeks... and i dont ahve ne numbers lol so i can be lying... smartass i kno... i am hoping for 320rwhp.... i got hte gt-40 heads work the hell out of along with hte lower intake and an upper cobra... and a nice custom grind cam from jay allen... and hte all hte bolt ons in the sig.... my summer money plans are to pay off car... do subs and nitrous and suspension.... subs 400 nitrous 800 suspension 1400... car 4k.... total no more than 7k.... i have 5 in the bak make 350ish a week... 18 weeks of work.... and since i only drive a 10miles to and come work gas its cheap as hell... weeks is mostly friends houses... talking to this new girl tho so she mite throw a kink in the plans.... but i also plan to have a few k...like 2.5kish left over... i dont liking to have to worry about money... and during the school year about breaks even between gas and food and fun.... so its cool.... now that i have everything worked out im goin to get hit by a bus or something lol[:@]