5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Score!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 02:13 AM
drewguere
1st Gear Member

Default Score!

I have an 83 with a 5.0 that was swapped in. I needed a new carb bad, and was planning on spending a few hundred on one when I get my next paycheck, I was also planning on getting an edelbrock intake mani also. I was ay my girlfriends store and one of my buddys came in and he said he was trying to sell his 83 F150, and it had a 5.0. He said he had been asking 400, but hed give it to me for 100. I told him Id be by the next day.

I was planning on just using it as a beater truck, hauling w/e I needed to, and beating it offroad, cause with 15K in my 1998 jeep, I tend to baby it when Im offroad. Well I was driving it home and he was following and it had some major problems, backfiring, bogging down, all that ****. Then one brake locked up and we had my buddy come tow it. He told me just keep it, dont worry about any money.

It turns out it has an edelbrock performer intake, and a good carb on it. So for FREE I got my intake, and a carb, I also got a cover for my radiator overflow can which I had been looking for.

I was planning on pulling the motor and scrapping the truck, but Im not sure if Im going to bother doing anything else to it. I think Im just gonna have it towed away tomorrow now that I took the intake and stuff off it.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:17 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Score!

dude, take the entire engine, you never know what it might have done... might just have a bad tume
Old 05-27-2007, 02:31 AM
drewguere
1st Gear Member

He told me the motor was bored .20 over, and had some other things done to it, and it had 20k on it.

The thing with pulling the whole motor is that when I pulled the intake off, I did it sloppy, not caring about the motor, so theres a ton of coolant inside the heads and in the lifter valley now, also I dont really have any place to store it, and my parents were pissed enought that I brought home another vehicle (this makes #4) and the truck is in the road in front of my house, I just want it out of there.

Im pretty sure it will run fine with new plugs. Im gonna put the intake/carb off the mustang on the truck, and throw in new plugs after work tomorrow, and if it goes fine Im gonna back it up beside my house, out of the road, and Ill run it as a wheeling rig.

The thing with the truck is that the guy I bought it off is giving me another bed, hood, 2 fenders, radiator support, headlight buckets, another tonneu cover, another cab with better interior, new tires, power steering pump, brakes, pretty much anything it needs he has, so I can get it going as a wheeling rig. I just kinda need to find a place to store it.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:32 AM
drewguere
1st Gear Member

If anyone wants to buy the motor for real cheap, Ill clean it up and throw my stang intake on it, and pull it out and set it aside

Also any F150 or 302 parts Ill sell em for real cheap
Old 05-27-2007, 02:51 AM
Does Not Exist
4th Gear Member

nice score!