5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

vortech 94 something wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Default RE: vortech 94 something wrong?

you can drive it as long as you dont go into boost which means no hard acceleration and no wot. just make sure you get your car tuned for the larger maf. not sure if the 94's use the maf for the calibration or the computer but either way, the 42's are just a drop in thing.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

the computer needs to be adjusted for the larger injectors
Old 08-06-2007, 01:39 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I still think the problem lies elsewhere. Even with a stock fuel pump and stock 19# injectors, he should see some improvement from the supercharger. Sure, the injectors are way too small. But if he has an FMU, if the FMU is installed correctly, and if he dialed it in correctly (probably had to turn the pin all the way in. ) Then it should spike the fuel pressure enough to force more fuel in. Sure, he's not going to hit full potential, but it should at least show his some improvement.

For the hell of it, I tried my S/C a few times with 19# injectors on a dyno and it was actually running bit rich. I don't really think they're a great idea, but they will do in a pinch. Shortly after I stopped screwing around and got a 255lph pump along with 30#ers. I think Pro50SC ran with one for awhile too. Plenty of people use stock injectors and a stock fuel pump with an FMU.

If there is literally no gain in performance at all like he is saying, then I would think that the bypass valve isn't operating properly. Fuel starvation is a possibility, but I would expect to see some increase before the injectors maxed out.

When you say that there was no increase in power, was this something you were able to test on a dyno / at a track or was this strickly going by the seat-of-the-pants-dyno?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:45 PM
98cobratx
1st Gear Member

I still think the problem lies elsewhere. Even with a stock fuel pump and stock 19# injectors, he should see some improvement from the supercharger. Sure, the injectors are way too small. But if he has an FMU, if the FMU is installed correctly, and if he dialed it in correctly (probably had to turn the pin all the way in. ) Then it should spike the fuel pressure enough to force more fuel in. Sure, he's not going to hit full potential, but it should at least show his some improvement.

For the hell of it, I tried my S/C a few times with 19# injectors on a dyno and it was actually running bit rich. I don't really think they're a great idea, but they will do in a pinch. Shortly after I stopped screwing around and got a 255lph pump along with 30#ers. I think Pro50SC ran with one for awhile too. Plenty of people use stock injectors and a stock fuel pump with an FMU.

If there is literally no gain in performance at all like he is saying, then I would think that the bypass valve isn't operating properly. Fuel starvation is a possibility, but I would expect to see some increase before the injectors maxed out.

When you say that there was no increase in power, was this something you were able to test on a dyno / at a track or was this strickly going by the seat-of-the-pants-dyno?
i totally agreeeeeeeeee!!

and i have driven the car and i can defenetly feel the lack of power but he also raced a 98 cobra with 295rwhp and could not keep up withBUT the blown gt had a spark issue during thatrun afterwardsthe owner fixed it .so on a hwy run he went against a 99 cobra that looked pretty much stock with exhaust from a 55 to 90 roll the cobra pulled by a few cars twice. so with that said we defenetly know theres a lack of power and well really no gain whatsoever from the blower because the car already made 300rwhp he should have been able to keep up or beat those cobras with just 30 or 40 hp gain from a starved blower.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:39 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

thats true unless the pump cant support the volume of fuel needed. even with a fmu, a stock fuel pump cant support the hp needs of a h/c/i blown motor
Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

thats true unless the pump cant support the volume of fuel needed. even with a fmu, a stock fuel pump cant support the hp needs of a h/c/i blown motor
if that were true could you checkfuel pressure to verify, while under load?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:48 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

if that were true could you checkfuel pressure to verify, while under load?
yes, you could look for fuel pressure to be low to tell for sure
Old 08-06-2007, 02:54 PM
blown50
1st Gear Member

but what about the T-rex pump shouldnt that help...by the way there are times that the car feels bad as, then others where i give it WOT but it doesnt feel like it accelerates.