5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

oil pressure guages

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:39 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

Default oil pressure guages

which on is better, mechanical or eletrical?
i want to put it inside the car and i know that there is some rule with the mechanical ones when your at the track, or atleast i thought there was.
anyways heres a link to a guage from summit, is this good enough to use? http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

if not please let me know which would be the best to use.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:40 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: oil pressure guages

cheaper if you get a sun pro gauge from autozone. unless looks matter to you. i believe it is only fuel pressure is the one with the rule, mechanical must be on the outside in that case. i suggest mechanical for oil pressure....its more accurate
Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

thanks buddy. i didnt kno if the sunpro's were accurate or not.
i can either get a summit or sunpro, looks aint that big of a deal to me.
i guess to just get one hooked up quick ill take the stock sensor out and just plug in the plumbing for the mechanical guage unless a t- fitting isnt hard to hook up, does anyone know what is needed as far as sizes and pieces?

is there any special things i need to take note of when running the plumbing line to the guage inside the car. i plan on putting it in a guage pod where the clock is at so i guess i need to just be careful at drilling the hole and put a rubber grommet around it w/ some sealant.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
CantStopTheFox...
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94StinkinLincoln

thanks buddy. i didnt kno if the sunpro's were accurate or not.
i can either get a summit or sunpro, looks aint that big of a deal to me.
i guess to just get one hooked up quick ill take the stock sensor out and just plug in the plumbing for the mechanical guage unless a t- fitting isnt hard to hook up, does anyone know what is needed as far as sizes and pieces?

is there any special things i need to take note of when running the plumbing line to the guage inside the car. i plan on putting it in a guage pod where the clock is at so i guess i need to just be careful at drilling the hole and put a rubber grommet around it w/ some sealant.
I need the same info for my '93....I installed my gauge, ran the line.....but never hooked it up because I do not know the T-fitting size....

Let me know what you find out
Old 08-29-2007, 04:19 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i didnt use a T fitting because i ran mechanical. i just unhooked the stock one, plugged in the adapter and compression fitting and ran the spaghetti line up behind my accessories, under the upper plenum along the firewall and i poked a hole in the steering shaft dust shield grommet thing in the upper right coner and straight in the center console. easy, straight not one problem. make sure you dont pinch that line. otherwise you have to get another one.

drilling a hole is fine if you use a grommet. i dont like adding holes though. i have enough speed holes throughout my engine bay. maybe when i tear into the engine bay for a clean up i'll do it better. but my way works for now.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:20 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

i drilled a hole for my wideband and used a piece of hose to protect the wires and put constuction adhesive to close up the hole, it worked great.