5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Probable Error in a 'Setting the TPS' thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:19 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Probable Error in a 'Setting the TPS' thread

circles........ I win.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:29 PM
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cholericfc

circles........ I win.
If you're going to be childish, then just stop posting.

And if you're going to be delusional, then go big... may as well declare yourself 'King of the Interweb'

Bring some tech to the discussion, or don't come back.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:48 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

You keep giving me a range that will keep the check engine light off.

My very specific issue, is throttle angle. We cant ignore that, we cant ignore .97 -.99 Volts.

We cant ignore a Mechanical Figure.

What if my butterfly is at 15 degrees open idle cause I got a big cam, and my TPS is at .84 volts idle.

Hello,
Im in an acceptable range of a C/E stayn off, but my EEC-IV is being told my Blade is CLOSED AT THAT VOLTAGE BUDDY.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

circles........ I win.
Translation = ....

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH
Translation =

BTW..... where is "THE PEOPLE"..... I only see you posting.....

Where is YOUR proof?.....-OR-.... continue munching.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:06 PM
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aode08

My very specific issue, is throttle angle. We cant ignore that, we cant ignore .97 -.99 Volts.

What if my butterfly is at 15 degrees open idle cause I got a big cam, and my TPS is at .84 volts idle.

Hello,
Im in an acceptable range of a C/E stayn off, but my EEC-IV is being told my Blade is CLOSED AT THAT VOLTAGE BUDDY.
Please answer the questions I already posed.

As for your 'what if'....
Who cares.
The only impact that would have is on the ISC duty cycle.

The ecu can compensate for this just fine.
(if the base idle has been set properly)

Again,
Please answer the questions I have posed.

jason
Old 04-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aode08

Hello,
Answer..... simple and succinct.....

1, Who or what controls A/F, spark, etc, etc..... you?... I?... or the ECM?

2. If the answer is the latter (add 5 points)....... and it has software that will take care of all those mechanical "failures" .....

3. Do you think it will ask you, me or the next-door neighbor what it should "decide"?

Here is what the ECM does.......

"Hello, Im in an acceptable range of a C/E staying off, but my EEC-IV is being told my Blade is CLOSED AT THAT VOLTAGE BUDDY".... I will....stop.... don't worry, I figured it out.... carry on!

Again.... is .99 vdc the same "angularity" value in a system with a VREF of 4.9 vdc?.... 5.0 vdc? ...5.05 vdc?...5.2 vdc? .... simple electronic 101 concept........ HELLO!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
TENGRAM
2nd Gear Member

i honestly can't believe this .99999 TPS BS is still being spread. where the hell have these kids been? this myth has been busted for years!

it has been spelled out EXACTLY why the TPS voltage has no effect on performance, driveability, emissions, throttle response, etc etc etc. not one iota of proof has been given to the contrary. the nearest thing ressembling a valid argument came in the form of ".9999 = 10* throttle blade angle"...guess what? it doesn't. anyone on this site will tell you that you can get the TPS to read .99 with an entirely closed throttle, or one that is open much greater than 10*. it makes no difference because, as was already mentioned (by people who were not born after their mustang), the IAC adjusts the airflow at idle. i've personally had mine from .72-1.1 and it made no difference whatsoever. currently it is at about .76. why do i say about? because you (or rather, the ECM) can not count on the voltage not to fluctuate. temperature and vibration among other things will cause the voltage to vary substantially. READ the GUFB! the EEC-IV logic is all contained within it!

this is just ridiculous[:'(] . the truth has been given here and if you don't believe it go test it on your mustang. change from .7vdc to .9999999vdc. after resetting the KAM you'll be back at square one I PROMISE.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:14 AM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

THERE"S THE ANSWER I WAS WAITING FOR.................. WE WONDER WHY JASON, aka vristang/DUDEBOY got kicked off..........e

THE REASON I"M STICKING WITH IT.... IS BC IT'S MAJOR BULLSHATTT... FROM DAY ONE I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS THREAD AND I'M THE ONLY WHO CAN'T HELP BUT AVOID IT.

I'M SAYING THIS TO ANYONE WHOS READING THIS:::

SET YOUR TPS AS CLOSE TO .99 AND BE DONE WITH IT

IT'S A POINTLESS THREAD..........

I DON"T NEED PROOF OR "TECH" INFO.......... ANY 'NIT-WIT' WOULD UNDERSTAND THIS CRAP.........

IT'S NOT REASONABLE TO DISCUSS THIS **** BC THEIRS NO 'ULTIMATE GAIN' ......

5 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME = SETTING YOUR TPS CORRECTLY = AND THEN YOU CAN RELY ON OTHER STUFF TO BE THE PROBLEM, IF THATS THE CASE....
5 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME = SETTING YOUR TPS CORRECTLY = AND THEN YOU CAN RELY ON OTHER STUFF TO BE THE PROBLEM, IF THATS THE CASE....

BAN DUDEBOY.........FOR THE SECOND TIME.................IS MY PROPOSITION.......

Old 04-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Wo-wo-wo.....

THERE"S THE ANSWER I WAS WAITING FOR.................. WE WONDER WHY JASON, aka vristang/DUDEBOY got kicked off..........e

THE REASON I"M STICKING WITH IT.... IS BC IT'S MAJOR BULLSHATTT... FROM DAY ONE I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS THREAD AND I'M THE ONLY WHO CAN'T HELP BUT AVOID IT.
Then don't post..... in this case, he's simply calling out the obvious. BTW, in case you didn't notice...... guess who the OP is? ..... it is his thread.

I'M SAYING THIS TO ANYONE WHOS READING THIS:::

IT'S A POINTLESS THREAD..........
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?

Your posts?...... ....obviously

I DON"T NEED PROOF OR "TECH" INFO.......... ANY 'NIT-WIT' WOULD UNDERSTAND THIS CRAP.........

IT'S NOT REASONABLE TO DISCUSS THIS **** BC THEIRS NO 'ULTIMATE GAIN' ......
You don't need something you can't produce, and apparently, you're one of the few that cannot understand it. BTW, if there's no ultimate gain, and in your own words..... why make things more complicated?

Earth is flat.
Earth is flat.
Earth is flat.
Earth is flat.
Earth is flat.
Earth is flat.

Repetition doesn't make a WRONG statement right....... see the example?...... or is that also too hard to understand.....

BAN DUDEBOY.........FOR THE SECOND TIME.................IS MY PROPOSITION.......
Why?..... b/c other than relying on hearsay he provides proof of his statements? Or is it b/c he's making questions you don't have REAL answers to and that is unacceptable? You have been "bombarded" with lots of information and proof on this topic, but the only response WE all see from you, is an invalid non-official Ford memo that contradicts all the official tech documentation from Ford itself, hearsay, repetition and ........ or is it b/c he simply commented on your so grossly obvious behavior.... and so graphically proven with your last post?

Old 04-04-2008, 09:13 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Damnkill this thread please......whether or not his reasoning behind setting tps is correct or incorrect he has set it to .99 which falls within the window of factory spec .7 to 1.1...it works ..so let it be!!!!!!! done deal.....I have set them within the spec at different voltages with no adverse or performance gains..so I understang the ecm logic....I value and respect your knowledge Joel5.0 but it's obvious he's not gonna change his philosophy being right or wrong..so no point to keep beating a dead horse..."you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

Quick Reply: Probable Error in a 'Setting the TPS' thread