5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Quad shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:53 AM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Quad shocks?

i do not have quad shocks and i have stock upper and lowers.

no wheel hop issues here

kyb agx shocks, ford c springs, and big tires ( i took em out to fit the tires )
Old 07-24-2008, 12:36 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: ExMan01

i was just looking at the tubular upper and lower on 50 resto and they're only 154.95, i'm probably gonna go with those.
not a very good idea. those arent exactly "quality" parts.

get some UPR or MM lowers
Old 07-24-2008, 01:57 PM
86whitepony
2nd Gear Member

granatelli has some BA control arms and the fully adjust too
Old 07-24-2008, 02:21 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

i wouldnt run with adjustable anything, unless you plan on tuning ur suspension and actually adjusting them to your cars needs and your driving ability
Old 07-24-2008, 03:41 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: uenvyboykin

i wouldnt run with adjustable anything, unless you plan on tuning ur suspension and actually adjusting them to your cars needs and your driving ability
which is officially why you FAIL at life. Adjustable lower control arms can be used in conjunction with a 4 wheel alignment to square off the rear end of the car with everything else. If they have height jackers, you can even raise the rear, or even more so, set the rear end to the same height. I have seen countless threads on this forum, full of complaints about people cars doing the "gangster lean" where one side of the suspension sits lower than the other. And not one person has come up with a good solution yet. So IMHO, it is a complete waste of money to NOT buy adjustables!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

true they are better if you actually adjust them, but there are alot of people that dont take the time to adjust them, they will buy adjustable because people tell them they are better and they are, but then theynever adjust them
Old 07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

so you must be one of those guys that just throws a h/c/i together and just drives the car... since you dont like adjusting things
Old 07-24-2008, 04:32 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

1. not talking about my self buddy
2. its not that i dont like adjusting things, its that i dont have tools nor knowledge like say someone thats an "ultimate member" on a mustang forum would have
3. my h/c/i although minorwas very thought and matched and for what it isproduces good power

its a site for people who need help about mustang and just want to talk about mustangs, why bad mouth someone because someone might not have to same opinions and or knowledge about a certain thing...

Old 07-24-2008, 04:38 PM
86whitepony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uenvyboykin

1. not talking about my self buddy
2. its not that i dont like adjusting things, its that i dont have tools nor knowledge like say someone thats an "ultimate member" on a mustang forum would have
3. my h/c/i although minorwas very thought and matched and for what it isproduces good power

its a site for people who need help about mustang and just want to talk about mustangs, why bad mouth someone because someone might not have to same opinions and or knowledge about a certain thing...

because your asking ridiculously redundant questions and when the people with EXPERIENCE try to help you out by telling you what works and what doesn't you post a completely wrong answerand think your right. and if the info you were giving was correct no one would be on your azz about it!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

i never asked a question lol, but ok... + one for you and second of all i never claim to be right im not an ase certified mechanic with 20 + years working on mustangs...

im simply saying its my opinion that non adjustables would work better than adjustables that somone never adjust, throwthat out the door if you want, everyone can call bull **** if they what thats fine, but that is my opinion, so instead of just being negative or jumping on someones azz explain yourself so that they can undertand why they are wrong instead of saying your an idiot, or you fail at life, or your h/c/i is probably thrown together...

but no youd rather be negative and or take the time to argue wrather explain

cool, geez some people on this sight make me wonder sometimesmaybe i should have bought an ls1... where all here for one reason we are mustang guys, help, eduacate, freindly mustang conversations is what we should be doing reguardless how stupid the question is...

out

Quick Reply: Quad shocks?