5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Clutch pedal real heavy

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

and honestly tim, i read through this thread...i dont see anything i said wrong? im really confused.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
tim, i do apologise for any misleading information i give and i do encourage if i am wrong for ANYONE to correct me if im wrong. i did put a disclaimer in earlier in this post this im not super familiar with.

as for other posts, there is some stuff im concrete about and some stuff is IMBO. im not a mechanic by trade, this is a hobby like most people in here.

also if you notice in here some of my posts are actual questions for more imput on something i dont quite understand. i do appreciate your imput as well and correction if im wrong. but dont bash me, correct me. im here to educate on what i know and get educated on what i dont know.

thank ahead of time.
Not my attention to Bash you or anyone for that matter...If your going to post on a tech. question, I'd just make sure you know your stuff before posting or putting a disclaimer...that's all ...I've been doing this stuff for some 20+ years and have owned 19 + Foxes...
Old 10-15-2008, 01:54 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

edit....i dont think mine is the same as everyone elses.

im looking at new oem's online and it looks nothing like mine.

mine has a threaded bolt through the clutch form with an eyelet on the threaded bolt where the cable hooks on to.....does anyone elses look like this?

you may want to disregard my advice until someone can verify if this is what its supposed to look like.
there is my disclaimer on 1 of my couple of suggestions which anyone may have suggested. i made 4 suggestions to try, which i think were valid and in no way were wrong, to help someone before they replace a clutch. i showed a picture of mine and what i had done in my experience which isnt wrong because i experienced it. how am i mis leading? about 85% of my posts are suggestions anyways because i dont know for sure, there are a lot of things people are doing that i have never gotten the pleasure to experience. i'm glad you have such an impressive record and i do appreciate when you post in my thread. but in no way am i mis leading or giving mis info. if i have i was already corrected and i made sure to apologise...and now i know for next time. i still dont see your beef with me post? it was a suggestion before he goes and replaces what you think to be a "clutch on its way out" ....who knows maybe you're exactly right

Last edited by FivePointOhh; 10-15-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timspony
Not my attention to Bash you or anyone for that matter...If your going to post on a tech. question, I'd just make sure you know your stuff before posting or putting a disclaimer...that's all ...I've been doing this stuff for some 20+ years and have owned 19 + Foxes...
Man, that's just a little snobbish. Just because someone hasn't been doing this for a living for the last 20 years doesn't mean that they can't offer assistance with something that they have dealt with. I didn't see a 20 year veteran step up to the plate when this guy asked the question the first time. If I see someone in need, I'm going to offer what limited assistance that I can offer, if it something that I'm reasonably knowledgeable, or a problem that I have already dealt with. It's just the right thing to do. Fivepointohh didn't offer flawed advice, he just worded one thing in a way that was a little confusing. At that point, a veteran could say "Oh hey, what he meant was this" and that's it, problem solved. There is no need to berate someone and tell them they have no business helping anyone. It would be totally understandable, if he were purposely giving totally false information just to be an a-hole. I think very few of us here are capable of taking a car apart and putting it back together blindfolded, but everyone has something they can help with, and that's why it's a community, and not a one man show.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Project 5.GO!
Man, that's just a little snobbish. Just because someone hasn't been doing this for a living for the last 20 years doesn't mean that they can't offer assistance with something that they have dealt with. I didn't see a 20 year veteran step up to the plate when this guy asked the question the first time. If I see someone in need, I'm going to offer what limited assistance that I can offer, if it something that I'm reasonably knowledgeable, or a problem that I have already dealt with. It's just the right thing to do. Fivepointohh didn't offer flawed advice, he just worded one thing in a way that was a little confusing. At that point, a veteran could say "Oh hey, what he meant was this" and that's it, problem solved. There is no need to berate someone and tell them they have no business helping anyone. It would be totally understandable, if he were purposely giving totally false information just to be an a-hole. I think very few of us here are capable of taking a car apart and putting it back together blindfolded, but everyone has something they can help with, and that's why it's a community, and not a one man show.
I think Fivepointohh and I have things worked out!...as far as being snobbish, that's not me...anyone who knows me will tell you that! ...This post just pushed me to say something based on other post within this section of "5.0 Mustang"...my feeling is that someone Answering someone who is seeking good advise, should have answer in the ball park, or know the terms...

Hey, I'm far from perfect...I enjoy sharing what I know and working within those limits! ...that's all....I enjoy working as a team, always have! best of luck...Tim
Old 10-15-2008, 06:12 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bbbngowc
Really? When my cable was stiff, I replaced it and the clutch was less stiff. The more I adjusted it, the softer it became. Unless there's something wrong with my clutch and cable.
its a cable composed of steel strands, moving it moves the resting place of the clutch lever, its possible you adjusted it so much your clutch doesnt fully engage/disengage

oh and tims is a snobbish *****
Old 10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
calfroper_06
4th Gear Member

thats what mine looks like, i bought the whole steeda kit with the adjuster and all from summit
Old 10-15-2008, 09:12 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

all those double hook and triple hook quadrans are junk! I have a single hook MM quad and it works fine! read up on the MM stuff you'll see why its better than the rest!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:36 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

lulz its just a hunk of aluminum, not much science to it.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:56 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

you think that but there is much more to it

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal real heavy