5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need some help with street engine setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:51 PM
jmh87chpnotch
1st Gear Member

Dont see how saying my car is caged and gutted changes anything. Reason I changed from 150-200 shot down to 50-150 shot is b/c of advise I recieved in this thread.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jmh87chpnotch
Dont see how saying my car is caged and gutted changes anything. Reason I changed from 150-200 shot down to 50-150 shot is b/c of advise I recieved in this thread.
A caged and gutted car with licence plates doesnt fall into the daily driver catagory for me. If it doesn't have a heater, defroster and windshield wipers it isn't a street car in my book.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

My car doesn't have a heater, but I don't drive it in the winter.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:19 PM
jmh87chpnotch
1st Gear Member

never said it was missing heater or wipers or anything like that lol. People are diffrent. Its my daily car just mine only has two seats and a roll cage.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:52 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

mine is gutted 8 point and will have nothing more than 2 seats, 5 points and sheetmetal door panels and a battery behind the seat and i will drive it as often as i can

but it will not be in the 600 hp range probably 450 351 w,afr 185's,air gap 11 .1 compression,lt;s and custom cam
Old 12-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

never said it was missing heater or wipers or anything like that lol. People are diffrent. Its my daily car just mine only has two seats and a roll cage.
So it's not gutted. Gutted means no dash, one seat and the lack of anything that isn't critical to making a pass. Mine has two seats and a roll cage. It's not gutted by any means.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:03 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

well arent u the god that knows all.....*****
Old 12-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtmustang
well arent u the god that knows all.....*****
Not by any means, but I do know what it takes to make a daily driver, That means driving when it cold and the windshield needs defrosting or defoging and when it rains being able to turn some wipers on. If you don't have those things it a limited driver. If you drive with Ice on the windshield of a foged up windshield or the pouring rian with no wipers than that would make the person behind the wheel and idiot for risking his or her like but more importantly the others on the road. Daily driver is exacty what it sounds like. Capable of being driven everyday. It doesnt take God to figure that out.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:17 PM
jmh87chpnotch
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Portmaster
So it's not gutted. Gutted means no dash, one seat and the lack of anything that isn't critical to making a pass. Mine has two seats and a roll cage. It's not gutted by any means.
Man are you the rag or something. You have alot of really good knowledge and I respect it, but you didnt have to come in this thread and just sit back nit pick. I have a girl friend for that. You completely took this thread a whole diffrent direction. I start it to get some help on an engine and all you seem to care about is if my car is gutted or not. To ME (not you) my car is gutted. I could really give a rats a.s.s what your definition of gutted is. First thing you did when you got on here was sit back and try and fish for a damn insult. Like I expressed before I am knew to fards and was just trying to get steered in the right direction. If you are not going to help with that, then I would ask you to sit back and simply read. Just dont come on here acting like WOMAN!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Man are you the rag or something. You have alot of really good knowledge and I respect it, but you didnt have to come in this thread and just sit back nit pick. I have a girl friend for that. You completely took this thread a whole diffrent direction. I start it to get some help on an engine and all you seem to care about is if my car is gutted or not. To ME (not you) my car is gutted. I could really give a rats a.s.s what your definition of gutted is. First thing you did when you got on here was sit back and try and fish for a damn insult. Like I expressed before I am knew to fards and was just trying to get steered in the right direction. If you are not going to help with that, then I would ask you to sit back and simply read. Just dont come on here acting like WOMAN!
Ok first off, I didn't mean to come off sounding harsh so if that how it sounded you have my apology. I wasn't trying to nit pick but having been building cars for a loooooonnnnnngggggggg time so I know what gutted is. When you gut a fish you dont leave half the organs in the fish and call it gutted. I wasn't fishing for an insult but trying to find out exacty what you have and what you want so I could come up with a plan I think would work withing you budget. You failed to inform us in your first post about the car itself, then you incorectly descibed it. I wanted to help you but you make it tough. Until you come off the specs for the car. Weight, gear ratio, transmission, stall speed if it auto,distance you intend to drive and your goals for the car it's all really guessing or assuming. Thats not a Ford thing, Thats a car thing and isn't limited to any brand. As far as the WOMAN thing goes how do you know I'm not one

Quick Reply: Need some help with street engine setup