5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need Help! Lots of Questions, just got a 1989 Cobra 5L

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 05:17 PM
cobra5L307

Originally Posted by ALMOST STOCK
1st pic… Could be due to a bad trans seal, or oil that has been blown back on the trans and drive shaft from the looks of the bellhousing and front of the trans.

2nd pic… Crushed radiator support

3rd pic….Could be the line from the Charcoal Canister to the gas tank ... it’s hard to tell

4th and 5th pic… Probably whatever crushed the radiator support also hit the bellhousing and cracked it

6th pic… Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

7th pic… Fuel pressure gauge

8th pic… Looks like the connector to your purge valve

9th and 10th pic… Black line goes to the Air Bypass valve, White line goes to the Air Diverter valve

11th pic… Oil pressure sender, it unscrews from that fitting sticking out of the engine

14th pic… Low oils sensor

15th pic … Sub frame connectors
Thanks man. Hey that crushed radiator support, just wondering if I could possibly bang it out, or get a whole new piece? I didnt check to see if its bolted on or not.

But ya and the pic with the melted wire, it is connected to that real dirty sensor connected to the transmission, its in my pics, but cant remember which one. I thought it was a speedo cable? Cuz my speedo is out of wack. Also my speedo reads 15-20 km faster than what it should be, but im pretty sure thats from the gears.

I got alot of work to do before spring. Were gona pull the tranny to fix the bell housing, but i need some advice on what to check for, for my bad vibration at 100 KM, since i will have the tranny out my as well check the drive shaft and rear end right. Im thinkin my drive shaft night be bent, or that vibration could be from the seals on the drive shaft, iknow the front and back one probly need fixed. Iknow my rear end leaks fluid where the drive shaft comes in. I also heard CV joints can cause this vibration buut i think they are fine, no sign of wear. My tires could be out of balance also.
Also my rear seal on my engine is leaking, its not a horrible leak, like i can hardly tell its losing oil, i dont see any big puddles anywhere, but its made a hell of a mess on my tranny, its covered in oil. Also the oil pan gasket is done. So im gona try and fix those. Do i have to pull the engine to fix rear seal?

Other than that the engine runs great except for some sensor problems im hoping. It sounds really clean, runs great id say. Just seems like it needs alot of work lol.

Oh ya, and one of my pics, theres a piece of the suspension, I think its a K member where does it hook up 2??? I have no ideaaa