5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Picking her up Thursday and ready to go to work questions?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Living_Legend

Default Picking her up Thursday and ready to go to work questions?!?!?

I am picking up my 1987 Mustang GT T-Top thursday and there are 3 things I want to take care of right away.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...-just-buy.html

1) the power locks do not work, the windows do. Is it deffinitly/most likely the DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR? Has it ever been something else? How do I know for sure before I buy the Actuator Kit?

2) There is a leak in the t-top of course but I dont know if I need the 4 piece or 9 piece kit. Experiences?

3)I was told not all the speakers work. Experiences with loss of speakers?

Note: I plan on fixing all of this and replacing the center console, fix ash tray and any switch covers or any other interior pieces that have worn down before I jump into performance which I am most excited about.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:03 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Living_Legend
I am picking up my 1987 Mustang GT T-Top thursday and there are 3 things I want to take care of right away.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...-just-buy.html

1) the power locks do not work, the windows do. Is it deffinitly/most likely the DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR? Has it ever been something else? How do I know for sure before I buy the Actuator Kit?

2) There is a leak in the t-top of course but I dont know if I need the 4 piece or 9 piece kit. Experiences?

3)I was told not all the speakers work. Experiences with loss of speakers?

Note: I plan on fixing all of this and replacing the center console, fix ash tray and any switch covers or any other interior pieces that have worn down before I jump into performance which I am most excited about.
I have some T-Top seals for the body side that are new.I will sell them cheap if you want them. Check for power to the locks and ground if it is there it needs the actuators they go bad all the time
Old 09-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Living_Legend

Originally Posted by uedlose
I have some T-Top seals for the body side that are new.I will sell them cheap if you want them. Check for power to the locks and ground if it is there it needs the actuators they go bad all the time
I'll let you know. long story short i dont know where the leak is yet, i will Thursday.

I know this is not a quick question but I will try. I see a turbo in your picture. The foxbody I am getting is stock all the way through.

Will my stock engine handle a 7psi turbo? I would get this On 3 Single Turbo, plus 44lb injectors, 255lpf fuel pump, mass air meter, and a dyno tune. This would cost me about $2500 total..... and i mean no other mods at all, stock exhuast, stock intake and so on.

The reason I want to do this is because its a one weekend job and I can just have a little more fun driving it on the weekends. I have a car cover, no garage and saving for a nicer house. Thats all I have to spend and I want the bang for my buck.... you can tell me if i am crazy

Old 09-23-2013, 10:38 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

I really think that turbo-charging a stock engine like you have is going to be a train wreck.
Sort of like playing Russian roulette......
Old 09-24-2013, 07:37 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

If the engine is good and tight and you keep the boost in check you should have no problems at all. I have put S/C on high mile engines for people many times without issues. If you want get it tuned and that will help it that much more.