5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Pulled engine last night...PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:17 PM
RacerX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pulled engine last night...PICS

I took a parts brush, solvant and a rag to the undercarriage.WOW!! Did the same to the engine bay.Cleaned everything ! So nice and clean under there now. Should do the same if you have time! Good Luck.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:31 AM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Finally, man is that ever alot of ****ing work took everything apart cleaned it, degreased it, sanded it down, layed 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of flat black. When I was putting it back together I ran all the wires different and put some black wire wrap on all the wires as well. Now I don't have any gay wires going over my strut towers anymore.. yaa! Advice for people going to do it, lay LOOOOOOOOAADS of time for doing it properly I think it took me about 20 hours at least. Not sure of the black though I was thinking I should have gone with something different. Now I just have to get the rest of the body work done..... The Engine.... The tranny....the computer re chipped.... and the interior done... Thank god the winter is long here in CANA DUH!

PICS:

Engine Bay Front: http://myspace-337.vo.llnwd.net/0030...02417337_l.jpg
Engine Bay Side: http://myspace-468.vo.llnwd.net/0030...02419468_l.jpg
My Winter Work: http://myspace-755.vo.llnwd.net/0030...02417755_l.jpg
The Goods: http://myspace-781.vo.llnwd.net/0030...02419781_l.jpg

Lemme know what you all think
Old 11-28-2005, 11:02 AM
I8URVTEC
I ♥ Acer

Looks good and thanks for the advice. I am planning on picking up an angle grinder this week and I am going to attach a wire wheel to it and work on that rust. I have a lot of work to do to clean it up. I may take the fenders and front bumper off to get better access to the whole thing. I think when I repaint it I am going to paint it red to match the exterior. Your black looks nice but I think it is a little to dark and might make it hard to see things when everything is back in.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:19 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I was unsure about the Black as well but I am going a deep metalic charcoal on the body soo I had to keep the engine bay dark, and then you can hide wires easier.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:37 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

im gonna start tearin mine down in a few weeks..... seems like itll be fun now but i know how ill feel after the first week...
Old 11-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I8URVTEC
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: schwindty

Yeah, I was unsure about the Black as well but I am going a deep metalic charcoal on the body soo I had to keep the engine bay dark, and then you can hide wires easier.
True. That will look nice. I am not quite sure yet if I am going to keep this car red or do a metallic silver color. I think silver gives it a nice clean look but I also like the red. either way I am going to do the engine bay the same color as the body.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:52 AM
I8URVTEC
I ♥ Acer

I want to also remove everything having to do with the A/C in this car b/c I will not be putting it back in. What do I need to do for that? Just pull all the hoses and plug up the holes in the firewall?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:50 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

I got a A/C Elim kit from Summit, just bolt a plate ontop the water pump bolts, and what it does is move the Power Steering up to where the Ac used to be. Easy cheap kit and fix.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:21 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

if you want a killed cleaner and drgrease you can buy a 3.5 gal of NAPA carb cleaner..this stuff is the best..I use it for my carb rebuilts but 1 think do not..I mean do not leave parts in it 2 long as they will disappear..no joke
Old 11-29-2005, 02:58 PM
I8URVTEC
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: schwindty

I got a A/C Elim kit from Summit, just bolt a plate ontop the water pump bolts, and what it does is move the Power Steering up to where the Ac used to be. Easy cheap kit and fix.
What about the hoses that go from the A/C compressor to the firewall. Just take them out?

Quick Reply: Pulled engine last night...PICS