5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

turn signal not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 05:33 PM
ludwigs3rd

Default turn signal not working

Hi all someone told me to post here,
I'm new to the forum but I used the search function and didn't find any help on this. My turn signal lever doesn't work. The hazards light up but I can't get the turn signals to light up. I'm assuming the turn signal relay is just dead (I checked the fuse and it was fine) so I tried to locate the turn signal relay, which my chiltons manual says it's supposed to be ABOVE the fuse box along the instrument panel support bar but after an hour of being crunched down in my 1993 Mustang I couldn't find it. Does anyone have any suggestions how I might find the turn signal relay in a '93 mustang or how I can try to solve the problem? I appreciate any help or suggestions you can offer.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: turn signal not working

to find the relay, open your glove box push the taps on the side in and it will fold down, then look to your left and there will be a round thing with 2 wires it should have 2 wires it may be 3 wires i cant remember, but it is right there, now i say that is not your problem, most of the time the contacts in the lever go bad. but you can try a relay they are only a few bucks. hope this helps
Old 02-25-2006, 06:34 PM
ludwigs3rd

Man you are a life saver, I spent last night looking like a madman around the fuse box area, it was exhausting! I can't believe that it is actually on the opposite side of the car than it should have been per the chiltons manual!!! I pulled the relay out and replaced it with the one my hazards use since it's the same 12v relay and I don't need the hazards for now. I tested the blinkers and they work now! Thanks so much for your prompt reply!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

no problem, glad i could help you fix it. yea you are right it is kinda dumb that ford put it on the other side of the car.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:19 PM
shelbsassy

Default No turn signals either for 93 Mustang! Help

Hi there, I also have same problem and have read all posts and tried about everything I could find on the internet to no avail. We have no left or right turn signals on the 93 Mustang no click sounds and no signal lights when lever is switched. Hazard lights work fine and wipers work fine. Checked fuses, they are fine. Followed posts and found the flasher relay behind the glovebox. It is 2 pronged (like the picture in HAUS post) but I cannot seem to get it out of the green plastic rubber casing that Ford manufactured it in? I know that sounds dumb but does the whole thing come out? The part number on the green round relay (to make sure Im about to yank the right thing out is Ford D128(orB)13350AA. I called Autozone and they didnt have any and neither did Napa, so I went online and found one at FordPartsDiscounted.com for 6.80. It did not have a picture but hopefully it is the right thing - the description was Electrical, chassis electrical, flashers, turn signal flasher. Anyways, other than that avenue does anyone have anything else I could check? I guess I am just trying to figure out how the heck to yank this current relay out of the Mustang and put the new one in, and if that doesnt work then maybe the connectors are bad on the 2 wires that go into the relay - how would one go about replacing those?
Thanks for your time. This has been going on for well over 18 months!

Shelbsassy
Old 10-11-2011, 06:39 PM
KyleBnotch93

Default location of blinker relay 93 notch

Just replaced the blinker relay BEHIND THE GLOVE BOX! My emergency flashers still worked but the blinkers started to slow and then died one night. The relay for the emergency hazards are separate on the 93 and is located in the fuse box. The blinker relay can be found to the left behind the glove box. The original is a blue Wagner 224 it is mounted by a small tab just rip the old one out. Thanks to someones post my night ended with a ride. This site is great help. thanks guys