5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

OK guys...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:06 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default RE: OK guys...

yah i'm still gonna be here. i dont have anywhere else to go i'm pretty much putting all my my extra curricular activites on hold right now, so i can fix my financial problems quicker.

the only thing i hope for, is that she doesn't sell the car to Dan04Cobra.
I couldn't bear to see it torn apart for a track only car.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:32 PM
1985stang
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like you're making a good choice. Good luck in the future,andIsincerely hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:52 PM
ahittz24
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

yah i'm still gonna be here. i dont have anywhere else to go i'm pretty much putting all my my extra curricular activites on hold right now, so i can fix my financial problems quicker.

the only thing i hope for, is that she doesn't sell the car to Dan04Cobra.
I couldn't bear to see it torn apart for a track only car.

Then you get to make fun of him for aquiring a car that you beat on, plus the fact that he is taking a vert and turning it into a drag car... no offense, but what a tard
Old 08-14-2007, 05:18 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I know what you mean about having a beast of a stang and a dd, I have had my car for about 6 months and I have already put 2 k into it. That is just to get it closer to running how it should, including drivabilty, braking and getting all the electrical components working, and I still have another 1k to go, at least. You made a great choice btw, and I am glad to here that your going to stick around, you know your **** and have helped me out plenty. BTW, if I do get the chance to find some extra money, I will surely help you out. Take it easy bro, and keep you chin up.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Importssuk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

well, after taking all of last night and half of today to think, i've made my decision.
with my fathers help, i got a 99 explorer 4door, 72k on it. 4.0, 4wd, green. its in pretty nice shape, only 1 owner.
everything should be finalized tomorrow mid-day.
in terms of my immediate financial future, this was the correct choice. the mustang was starting to break down in terms of stability, my constant abuse of it has weakened certain aspects of it, as i'm sure you can all attest to.
i'm proud to say that i had the opportunity to drive that stang for 9 months, but in reality it wasn't a smart choice. i now know this.
maybe in a year or two, when i get myself out of this 100foot hole that i dug for myself, i'll look into a project car.
i bought the mustang to make it a beast, but the reality was that it was a DD, and mods + DD don't add up.
i'm heartbroken about the mustang, but i have to think of my future, and that car simply doesn't fit in right now.

good for you matt. you made a wise decision for your finacial well being. trust me, if your as passonate about a mustang as i think you are, you'll get another down the road. the same thing happened to me. i had a nice 93 gt - all the usual bolt ons, custom paint blah blah blah....but it was killing me to keep w/ insurance and gas to and from work not to mention how much i was going to the bar. and i didnt have a great job. i madethe painful decision to sell the stang and go back to school. now i have a better job, a house, 3 cars including another 93 mustang lx (even though its a 4 banger, its my project car). it took my wife and i about 18 months to dig ourselves out of a hole. but we did it and i couldn't be happier. ok, i could be if i had my garage built so i could work on the stang, but w/e you get the point.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:42 PM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

Matt, Sorry that you could not get your car back but you made the right decision. You have to do what is good for you. I hope everything works out for you and I know it will. Just keep being positive.