5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Just got back from the TRACK!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:25 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just got back from the TRACK!

yea i just found out today that the track is open one more time! It is the final weekend. I bet my problem was the belt because it did come off an hour later after the races. So im gonna put a new belt on n c if that helps. n just keep an eye on it till the stretchin is done. n if that dont help then ill go from there.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:39 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

awesome man, good luck! Im jealous I dont get to go to the track this weekend, Im working ALL weekend at my new 2nd job
blah [:'(]...
Old 10-09-2007, 07:46 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

lol im at work right now ive been on night shift for the past week. ive had to work the past 2 weekends. i had to scramble last weekend to get to the race track b4 it closed. i only got a few passes in b4 it did close. so im ready for the weekend off
Old 10-09-2007, 07:57 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

awesome man, well hopefully you will get a few more rune this time!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:00 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jhall01

lol im at work right now ive been on night shift for the past week. ive had to work the past 2 weekends. i had to scramble last weekend to get to the race track b4 it closed. i only got a few passes in b4 it did close. so im ready for the weekend off
This is injected correct?what size injectors,,,MAF and has the car been tuned?If not tuned....do so ASAP!....My 99 GT 4.6 with 126k on the motor and a vortech V2 SQ (@8 psi no intercooler)went 12.29 @ 113.....even with street tires and a 2.20's 60 foot ,,still ran 13.0's @ 114....slippin belt will hurt you.but you may have other tuning issues that need addressing..
http://media.putfile.com/UMTR-5122007
Old 10-09-2007, 08:10 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

ok. here we go again.... when i bought the car it was tuned with a powerdyne s/c. runnin 8lbs of boost. the guy put a bigger fuel pump and a fuel booster. the other factors i dont know. my setup now is a paxton s/c with 8lbs of boost. so i shouldnt need nething else. My headers dont glow and i pulled a spark plug n it wasnt white so im no im not runnin lean or rich. If this dont help then i will take it somewhere n have it checked out. i think that was my big problem was the belt slipping... hopefully. Right now im focusing on one problem at a time if this dont work then ill take it back to the dyno. the guy i bought it off of had it taken to the dyno n tuned so i should be in pretty decent shape
Old 10-09-2007, 08:28 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jhall01

ok. here we go again.... when i bought the car it was tuned with a powerdyne s/c. runnin 8lbs of boost. the guy put a bigger fuel pump and a fuel booster. the other factors i dont know. my setup now is a paxton s/c with 8lbs of boost. so i shouldnt need nething else. My headers dont glow and i pulled a spark plug n it wasnt white so im no im not runnin lean or rich. If this dont help then i will take it somewhere n have it checked out. i think that was my big problem was the belt slipping... hopefully. Right now im focusing on one problem at a time if this dont work then ill take it back to the dyno. the guy i bought it off of had it taken to the dyno n tuned so i should be in pretty decent shape
So,,you bought this car with a S/C tune... runnign it N/A...? what color are the top of the injectors?Just want to make sure you not gonna kill the motor..as far as the plug color,,only real way to tell is a full throttle pass and then kill it and check a plug...could be fine at idle, part throttle and lean on top.....Seriously..take it and have it tuned..hope the belt does fix your power problem..but a good tune it worth ever penny....
Old 10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

thats how i check the plug was after a hard run n i killed the motor n pulled it. ill have to look at the injectors again i cant remember. yea i dont wanna ruin the motor either. all im doin is makin one more trip to the track n then it will be hauled to a dyno to make sure. ill let u guys know how it goes friday