5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

The $50 paint job Mustang Style (56k warning)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:29 AM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The $50 paint job Mustang Style (56k warning)

ORIGINAL: QatarStang

ORIGINAL: creekrat

Good god man.... Are you serious? Am I the only one that thinks that this is sick? A F*CKING ROLLER?????? And you are proud? of spending $50 and all that time to get an eggshell fininh? Come on guys give me a break! I can buy a gallon of sprayable tractor paint and thinner for less thst $30 at Tractor Supply! And you guys are praising this crap? And you wanna do a detailed write up and step by step instructions....and, and, others are concidering doing this to their cars?????? How old are you? let me guess...15....no,no 14. Am I close? Holy Mary mother of Christ, the forum is being taken over by idiots who want to paint cars with rollers and pull motors to fix their firing order! PRO...are you there?can you still hear me?? the lights are getting dimmer.....i'm getting scared, look..... it's my childhood pet, standing there by that really bright light..... I'm comming Spot, I'm comming into the light, wait for me..........

OK.....no one cares. Lets see you spend the time and put in the hard work to get a finish like that from a roll on paint job. He's not trying to win any awards for his car, and the paint does exactly what he wants it to do - make the car look decent for passes down the strip.

I wish this forum had a rep system, because I guarentee you would be getting negged by everyone else who read your dick-headed post.
That is exactly the point! I have spent my time and hard work and have painted a few cars, and not with a roller! In the amount of time it took him to wet sand between coats to remove the roller marks, and the money he spent on materials, and the finish he will inevitably end up with, where are the advantages? Like I said, tractor paint would have cost no more and been alot less labor with a 1000% nicer finished product! Have you ever actually seen a car painted with a roller in person???? Ask PRO about the one at CJ's customer appreciation day! It was the one that everyone walked away from laughing under their breath and shaking their heads! And you want to encourage this molestation of the cars we are all here to help improve? And by the way, it may look ok at the end of the track,1/4 mile away, but he still has to sit at the tree waiting for his light, ........ with everyone laughing under their breath and shaking their heads.

And if you want to start a rep system, I'll be the first to vote a yes for it! I may be a dick head, but at least I'm an honest dick head who isn't afraid to voice my opinion!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 AM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

^^^I think he is funny, and I kinda agree. Tractor paint spays good, but he may not have the tools need to spary paint so I give the OP an A+ for effort.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:09 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: QatarStang

Good god man.... Are you serious? Am I the only one that thinks that this is sick? A F*CKING ROLLER?????? And you are proud? of spending $50 and all that time to get an eggshell fininh? Come on guys give me a break! I can buy a gallon of sprayable tractor paint and thinner for less thst $30 at Tractor Supply! And you guys are praising this crap? And you wanna do a detailed write up and step by step instructions....and, and, others are concidering doing this to their cars?????? How old are you? let me guess...15....no,no 14. Am I close? Holy Mary mother of Christ, the forum is being taken over by idiots who want to paint cars with rollers and pull motors to fix their firing order! PRO...are you there?can you still hear me?? the lights are getting dimmer.....i'm getting scared, look..... it's my childhood pet, standing there by that really bright light..... I'm comming Spot, I'm comming into the light, wait for me..........

OK.....no one cares. Lets see you spend the time and put in the hard work to get a finish like that from a roll on paint job. He's not trying to win any awards for his car, and the paint does exactly what he wants it to do - make the car look decent for passes down the strip.

I wish this forum had a rep system, because I guarentee you would be getting negged by everyone else who read your dick-headed post.
That is exactly the point! I have spent my time and hard work and have painted a few cars, and not with a roller! In the amount of time it took him to wet sand between coats to remove the roller marks, and the money he spent on materials, and the finish he will inevitably end up with, where are the advantages? Like I said, tractor paint would have cost no more and been alot less labor with a 1000% nicer finished product! Have you ever actually seen a car painted with a roller in person???? Ask PRO about the one at CJ's customer appreciation day! It was the one that everyone walked away from laughing under their breath and shaking their heads! And you want to encourage this molestation of the cars we are all here to help improve? And by the way, it may look ok at the end of the track,1/4 mile away, but he still has to sit at the tree waiting for his light, ........ with everyone laughing under their breath and shaking their heads.

And if you want to start a rep system, I'll be the first to vote a yes for it! I may be a dick head, but at least I'm an honest dick head who isn't afraid to voice my opinion!

So your going to complain about how I painted a car I pulled out of a field that had been sitting for over 2 years? The finish is not nearly as bad as you seem to think it is.. Ive seen pleny of rattle can jobs, etc, at the strip that turned out a whole lot worse than this did. My whole goal was to keep this project as cheap as possible and atleast make all the thing one color instead of the multiple colors and rust spots it had on it. If it offends you so much then come fix it. You provide materials and the labor to fix what you feel is an abhorant act against a vehicle, and I'll let you do it. Including the new hood, gaskets, and all the accesory parts I bought (alt, water pump, etc), its still under 1500 dollars total in this car.

And you act like you can tell from more than 5' away that it was painted with a roller. You can tell up close on some spots that it wasnt sprayed.. but if your more than 5' away, you see no marks, no eggshell or orange peel, nothing. You might see the dents and the hoorble free fenders that are on it.. but thats about it. Its a track car, not a show car.

And you act like I would have to be a little kid to try something like this. I had fun doing it for entertainment with a few friends. It wasnt like we took the whole process seriously, there was a lot of beer drinking involved in the painting of the car. Im in my mid 20's, and this is far from my first mustang. If you take a look at my sig, you can see the previous two I have owned and built up. The entire purpose of this car was a buddy of mine who had never in his life done anything besides change an airfilter on his car wanted to learn how to work on a vehicle.. and I wanted another play toy that I didnt care if I wrecked or not when I put it on a road course... so we got the cheapest thing we could find that would suit both of our purposes.