5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Really could use some help/advise cold air intake question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:26 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

Default Really could use some help/advise cold air intake question

I need to get a CAI on my 94 stang, I have a 93 cobra intake, with a trickflow intake adapter the sn95's need, a C&L mass air meter, I also have a 1" intake spacer I put on that I needed for valve cover clearance. I attempted to cut the cheep CAI from ebay, but being it was cheaply made, it bent so bad it restricted airflow.

Does anyone have any ideas, or combinations that have worked for them using about this same set up??? Pictures would be awesome.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:38 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Really could use some help/advise cold air intake question

I know that you dont need that c and l mass air meter since the stock ones are 70mm and that c and l meters are junk. As for the cai, i got a k and n on mine came with the car so i guess i lucked out. Also If your putting an intake spacer on with a 93 cobra intake on a 94, id advise not to use the spacer since it doesnt really do anything hp wise and all its going to do is probably make your intake hit your tower brace and even the hood.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:06 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Really could use some help/advise cold air intake question

ORIGINAL: Mustangkiler

I know that you dont need that c and l mass air meter since the stock ones are 70mm and that c and l meters are junk. As for the cai, i got a k and n on mine came with the car so i guess i lucked out. Also If your putting an intake spacer on with a 93 cobra intake on a 94, id advise not to use the spacer since it doesnt really do anything hp wise and all its going to do is probably make your intake hit your tower brace and even the hood.
did you ever think that he went to a larger MAF? he already has the c&l on it and didn't ask if it was any good so i dont think you need to tell him that it sucks. he said that he already put on the spacer for valve cover clearance not for hp. how bout you read the post before you just start hackin away? not tryin to attack you or anything, its just that your post did absolutely nothing other than bring your post count up.

now, as far as a "cai" for ya. i'd say just try to use ur stock one. it already takes the air out of the fender its made out of a material that won't absorb heat like aluminum or any other metal. unless you plan on coating it, which i dont think thats the case since you said you tried to cheap out already (dont blame ya) just put the old one on if you can and slap a k&n filter in it. or if you really dont want to use the stocker and want it to be inexpensive...i guess you could make it out of abs plastic. its a good insulator and its not a lot of money. i guess its up to you on how much you wanna spend on it