5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Getting an SC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Getting an SC!!!

thats not fair i want a supercharger too. haha

good luck with it and have fun[8D]
Old 03-05-2008, 06:39 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Yes those numbers are with stocks heads and intake. The cam, I'm pretty sure is in the B-303 range, I'm fairly sure it's not stock because I've had enough mechanics and Mustang people give me their opinion that there is a light mild cam in the car. The 347 is also questionable, it may be a 302, may be 347, but based off the torque numbers, and a thread I made about 2 years ago, we on the forums, guestimated that due to the mods I had done, and the torque numbers, the car had to have at least a stroker. The place I bought the car from also didn't really want to sell it because the manager wanted the car for himself as his very first car was a 5.0, and he wanted to build it, however the owner, his dad, told him he had to try to sell it, so needless to say, I snatched it up. The guy and I knew that the car had some mods, and he said that it was deffinitly quicker than his other 5.0s that he had owned (lucky bastard owned an 05 S/C Corvette, why the hell he wanted the stang I don't know). Anyways, he was never able to get me a mods list because the person that traded the car in was a chick that had owned it for 2-3 years, and the original owner had been lost, so needless to say I couldn't get all the answers. I've pretty much changed out everything originally done to the car other than the engine and rear end, both up on my "to do" list.

The S/C is 8-10 PSI.

The only thing I will install with the S/C is the P/P Cobra upper/lower intake, I'm going to hold off on the heads till I get a new block as I don't want to can my engine because I do kind of still need it to function properly for a while. I bought the X-303s for a reason, but now with the S/C it's just kind of . I should have the new engine block within a year, and it will be installed with in a year and a half. The new engine block will be, without a doubt a Forged 347 stroker. Currently I'm going to build it as such:

Steeda #19 Cam
Ford Racing Pushrods
Ford Racing Hydrollic Rollers
Ported GT-40 X 303 Heads (may change my mind on them)
Ported/Polished Cobra Upper/Lower Intake
42lb Injectors
Granatilli Chrome 90mm MAF set to 42lb Injectors
Vortec SQ 8-10 PSI

It's not going to be a track car, hell the car will be lucky to ever see a track with the way things go around here, but it will get to go to the occasional show.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:22 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

Aren't those dyno numbers with the stock heads and intake? Or am i missing something. What are you saying fullauto? If i read right and the numbers are with stock heads and intake, what should his power be?
LOL, I missed the second line of Jasper's post. I just skimmed through the list looking for the heads and cam on it. I had already seen the power numbers in the sig. MUCH more believeable now.

But if everyone is basing their guesses off the numbers in his sig and it's already got other upgrades, I'd say with 10psi it will probably be closer to 450rwhp or a little more.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:30 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

Steeda MIL eliminators on a 95 Mustang?

So you do not have any O2 senors?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:26 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

If you are droping all that on a HCI 347, with the proper fuel mods, it would be crazy if you didn't see at least 500whp. Look into better heads then the GT40's, they are too small for a 347. You could see 400whp with just some nice heads and cam on the 347. With the Vortech, you'll easily make enough power to destroy your block.