5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

wow royal purple!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:18 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

Default RE: wow royal purple!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

no thats their reg price:P i get the super tech fullsynth from them. it just stays cleaner longer.its supposedly made for them by mobile 1 so for 13 bucks its a good deal!
to the original poster, u just needed a oil change u wont notice a differance on a engine running reg clean oil. dump the royal and put in some cheap stuff u wont notcie a differance1 i swear! like mjr46 said 8hp, u cant feel 8 hp
ORIGINAL: 302army187

i dig castrol syntec!

the walmart by me must have messed up the price, becase a 5qt jug is only $19
(do the math, at $5.80 a qt, 5 qts is $29)

so i bought a few, and in about a mth ill put it in this car.

ive use it before in my old truck, and never gave me an issue, and for the price, for full sythetic oil.......... you cant beat it

think about this...
carbon is made from the combustion process right...
what cleans the motor and gets the carbon buildup out...the oil
if the oil holds the carbon and it comes out when you change the oil...then the oil did tis job (one of them)
clean oil means bad, esp if it has 3k miles on it.

synthetic blend is fine, "dino" oils are great, but rotella, redline, and amsoil are the only ones that make them. full synthetics are fine too. just dont flop back and forth from full synthetic to regular oil then back to full syn.

motorcraft full synthetic is good stuff (i work at a dealership, the ford gt uses 10qts of that pricy stuff)
in my stang, i did use rotella to break it in...then had thrust bearing failure. this time im just using mobile 1 untill i hit about 2k miles then i think im switching to a blend, but might just keep the regular oil.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Tberg725
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

My car is alway's faster after i wash it.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] Lol mine to!.....I use Mobil 1
Old 03-25-2008, 02:27 AM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

I use Mobil 1 aswell. Always have.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 AM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cleanfitty

ORIGINAL: 302army187

unfortunately castrol syntc isn't a "true" synthetic.

bold statement for no back up
A true synthetic is exactly that, on oil that is created in a lab and have nothing to do with crude. (ie Mobil 1, Amsoil, Redline, Royal Purple) Almost all others that claim themselves a 100% synthetic are typically not that. Their base is started out with crude oil that refined very well, then they add some other stuff and call it synthetic. (like castrol, super tech, valvoline,)

There are 2 variations of Castrol Syntec that are a true synthetic, and those are usually made in Germany or Europe. (Look on the back of the bottle and see where it is made) These are usually not common weights though.

If the stuff is made in the USA then it isn't a true "synthetic"

Also because of the Mobil 1 had a lawsuit against Castrol becasue of what they claim, and it was ruled that Castrol can put anything they want on the labels.

Do some research next time you try to come up with a bold statement of your own...
im pretty sure that the only true synthetic is amsoil...even though some synthetics may be lab created, they are still petroleum based. Amsoil is soybean based, if i remember correctly. could be wrong, but i dont think so.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:42 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

i get the super tech fullsynth from them... its supposedly made for them by mobil 1

I'm pretty sure it is not made by them. Most Super Tech oils are made by Warren. And their filters are made by Champion Labs.
There is also a chance they low ball on who makes what for them, so it can change depending on who bids what.
Last I heard Supertech synthetic was made by Mobil 1, I've also heard in the past that it was made by Pennzoil and Quaker State. A common misconception is that Walmart Supertech synthetic oil is of lesser quality, consistency, or whatever else you may want to acouse it of being but it's actually great oil at a great price. It's not recycled, left over, etc, it's quality oil. Compare the ingrediants of the Supertech oil to the Mobil 1 oil and you will not find any differences.