5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Turning over but not firing...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 07:22 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: Turning over but not firing...

I sure am gad you decided to edit your previous post. And im glad you found your problem... but when I make comments like I did, and you reply with...

Did I ignore his ADVIC(s)E? I don't own the guage he spoke of but will follow his advice and thanked him for his tips. Nothing I've read from you is gospel so **** up a rope and **** your own loose ***.
apparently what i said about your fuel pump not being your problem was right... so perhaps its YOU who needs to "**** up a rope, and **** your own loose ***"

Kthksbai!

douchebag
Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: Baddog

*UPDATE*

So following advice from you guys I pulled off all my plug leads, coil and dizzy leads and simply carefully put them back on. Problem solved, car back to normal. I've been putting the spurs to her lately and I'm guessing motor vibration kicked something loose although I don't know which lead was the culprit. I noticed there was some heavy green grease (axel grease?) put on the coil lead by the previous owner. Is this a customary application? I've never come across this before. Anyhow thanks for the advice on sussing out whether it was fuel or spark, that help narrow things down...
none of the 1-8 wires would cause it to crank but not fire up.....the only wire that could cause such a condition you described would be the coil wire and if it were not making mproper contact with coil or cap then spark to all cylinders would be lost ..I doubt pulling the 1-8 plug wires had any affect as I find it hard to believe all 8 wires or half for that matter weren't making contact and clean that grease/crap off coil prong
Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

I sure am gad you decided to edit your previous post. And im glad you found your problem... but when I make comments like I did, and you reply with...

Did I ignore his ADVIC(s)E? I don't own the guage he spoke of but will follow his advice and thanked him for his tips. Nothing I've read from you is gospel so **** up a rope and **** your own loose ***.
apparently what i said about your fuel pump not being your problem was right... so perhaps its YOU who needs to "**** up a rope, and **** your own loose ***"

Kthksbai!

douchebag
It was more your condescention that pissed me off. That and the fact that I had a car problem. I also didn't ignore the advice given to me by PRO so my back got up. No big deal man, lifes rough get a helmet, I have no problem with you. As for pissing up a rope, self inflicted golden showers do nothing for me and my own hardware won't fit in my *** without a shoehorn and a fight...