5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

95 mustang gt problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Ry88mustang

Default 95 mustang gt problems

i got the 5.0 95 gt 5spd. i just picked it up from a guy who had in it pa. when i got the car i noticed it just didnt seem to feel like it wasent letting out all of its power.. just felt like as i pushed down on the peddle it really wasent picking up. well it seems every morning/ after noon when i get off and or the car has a chance to sit for a while.. when i first get in it and drive, ill push the gas and its nothing for a second or kinda does a pop pop and finally kicks in.. idk i thought maybe a vaccum leak or something.. i havent done nething to the car since ive had it, its completly stock, so if you can help me out lets talk, im also looking for good parts for cheap.. im living out on my own now so moneys tight. u have nething to help build the car or ne opinions on stuff to help id really appreciate it. i jus got 9mm ford racing wires, pulley kit. one of the pulleys isnt from the same ones the others one are, they were given to me, nd he said a pulleys a pulley.. itll work with the other ones. i havent installed yet, as well as 355 gears n a posi unit. i want a low 12 second street car. its what im shootin for and people say it can be done failrly cheap. ID LOVE TO SUPERCHARGE IT!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: 95 mustang gt problems

HP ain't gonna come cheap ..... I'd like to know what some of these guys ideas are of cheap....and to have a low 12 sec sn-95.. it won't come easy or cheap so don't be fooled by that.. as for your running issue..try running a koer test and check for codes if none exist...clean the maf sensor with maf cleaner and see if that cures the hesitation
Old 07-23-2008, 02:36 AM
ewgoetz
3rd Gear Member

If you car is a daily driver don't put the pullies on. sometimes they can cause alot of gremlins.
and a pulley isn't a pully. different diamiters change the speed of what ever its turning. slower speed and ur alt wont charge enought or can over charge it. same goes for the cooling system not enought turning nad the water wont flow fast enought throught the engine. look aroudn the junk yards for explore's or lighning's and get some GT40 heads and intake, than get a cam. I'd stay away form the cobra intake's been hearing there are alot of reproduction ones coming from oversea's that are garbage and no where near the original ones are hp wise.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:05 PM
drew50
1st Gear Member

Yeah like ewgoetz said I wouldnt put those pullies on there. It'll end up causing you more problems than any small benefits. Since it's your daily driver I'd start off small. Most bolt ons arent gonna give a significant boost in performance. You should save up and get good heads/cam/intake. Then add some small stuff to all that.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Ry88mustang

ok , i dont have any check engine lights or nothing. however every now and again. not often.. ive had the car about 3 weeks now. and every now and again the low coolant light will come on and then if i hit a bump or something itll go right out, its never really stayed on solid. added water to the res. tank, and the rad. seemed to be full, so many just a miss. with the wire or light. just figured i would throw that out there. i am going to check to see if i can get someone to make sure the maf sensor. what kind of plugs should i go with. i wanna tune the car up. i have the black ford racing 9mm wires to go on it. any where cheap i could look to get started? i was just thinking basics, upper lower intake headers. i want to try to find the side exhaust. i had borlas on my 94 gt coming out under neath the doors with the skirts. does neone know where i could find them at
Old 07-23-2008, 08:34 PM
drew50
1st Gear Member

People always want alot for those side exhaust on Ebay, especially Borla. If I was you I'd check and on here or maybe another Mustang site like www.stangnet.com or www.corral.net
Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

idk if it was said but you should clean your MAF sensor
Old 07-24-2008, 12:00 AM
ewgoetz
3rd Gear Member

when I used to live in NJ, in the mornings my coolant light would be on and during the day and evenings It would stay off. found that it was the coolant lev expanding and contracting by the temp of the day and night. ust top it off in the morning and live throught it.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:42 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ewgoetz

when I used to live in NJ, in the mornings my coolant light would be on and during the day and evenings It would stay off. found that it was the coolant lev expanding and contracting by the temp of the day and night. ust top it off in the morning and live throught it.
mine was doing the same thing.

thats crazy. i thought my car was just being a turd.