5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

New Project (engine pulled/bay PAINTED)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:25 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

Default Project Traveller

ok if any of you remember me, which you probaly dont, i joined years ago and never had a stang, then i got an 88lx coupe 4cyl conversion, had some fun with it, and had a bunch of problems, and when i finally got it running perfect i friggin traded it for an 81 bronco, 5" of lift on 35" tires, and it only got 5mpg, yay!!!.. well i recently sold the bronco and only got 1600 out of it, and my dad kept 600, so all i can afford was a project, and we were recently given a 93 grand marquis, so i got a DD now, v8, rwd and good on gas... so heres a pic of hte old stang and the bronco i had...

i know, i shouldnt have traded, but today i drove 140ish miles out almost to tennesse to get my new project

so i spentlike 8 hours in a truck today, it was like 140ish miles 1 way, and we had to deal with atlanta traffic. i thought it was a peice when i first got it and loaded it on trailer. and after looking everything over its growing on me,interior really turned me off, dash panels arent on, none of hte interior panels or carpet, although its all here and in a box or in the cab. just not installed, ima sand it all down and paint it black since its already off, i basically just need a transmission/crossmember and the rest of the engine, its all there basically other than heads and intake/carb.... paid $400 for it all,possibly see it running in the next month or 2, im short on cash and dont have a job cause i havent had a DD till this weekend, and i also got pulled over this morning doing 20 over (my first ticket) and not sure how much thats gonna cost me

few pics from the way up to get it...
stopping for some food, out in the middle of fuking nowhere

"excellent Munchables" - wayne cambell

I-75 north through dem thur hills

1986 Mustang GT, t-tops peice o **** edition

loaded up and ready to go, on a chevy.....

cruising down the street..

I-75 Southbound

the piece sitting at my friends house and thats my ballin Mercury grand marquis DD sitting to its side

purrs like a kitten Bish's

and thats all i got now, we argued for like an hour and it got dark and started to storm so we left it at my friends house till tomorrow, tomorrow at noon the work starts....

Last edited by DriftingRz; 01-25-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Explosive

Default RE: New Project (IM BACK)

Good year you got
Old 07-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Tberg725
3rd Gear Member

good luck with it i wish my car had t-tops
Old 07-29-2008, 10:34 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Old 07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

haha like the post above!

But i love that year/color combo! there is one around my area like that but i only ever see it flying by me in the oposite lane
Old 07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

better pull the rest of the motor with all that rust now formed in the cylinders[&:]
Old 07-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

and get rid of the stock '86 pistons....

lack of valve reliefs ftl
Old 07-29-2008, 11:22 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

lol at the picture! keep it looking like a 86!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:58 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the comments guys, definately keeping it a 4 eye, altho whole front bumper needs replacing, it was warped by the heat or something, and is deformed. paint will be redone white, and i was wondering if anybody has ever done the black gt hood accents on a 2-3" cowl? and wondering how that would look, going to pressure wash it this week and get a shopvac and finish cleaning it out, heres some more pictures....

ohh parts

most of my interior is on or under the tables, haha, im ordering new black carpet soon, all the red is being painted soon

ewwww

yea i got quite a bit of work ahead of me, but im ready for it, ive done alot of body work before, aswell as engine, feel free to post any tips/tricks or ideas about the project, stuffi should do, or shouldnt, things i should worry about and look for... so far im happy with it, havent really gotten to work yet, kind of milking my last week of summer, school starts back monday ahhhhh.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

wow that is a project lol. GL! and keep us posted

Quick Reply: New Project (engine pulled/bay PAINTED)