5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

New Project (engine pulled/bay PAINTED)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 11:54 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New Project (IM BACK)

looks awesome, not really a fan of black interior, better then the red though.

I just love my gray interior, nice contrast between light and dark
Old 08-01-2008, 11:59 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

yea i like the grey interiors my friend nick has it in his 89 and it looks good, the interior in this 86 looks like it came from like 4-5 diff cars, some red, some a maroonish color, some were grey, and some were black, but its all one color now basically, but my guage cluster peice is black and grey
Old 08-02-2008, 12:02 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

so what are your plans for the potent pony?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 AM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

im not really sure yet, usually i like big tires and a cowl hood and looking mean and all, but while at the drags tonight, i was thinking and i just want this to look bonestock body wise, but im probaly not gonna buy another set of 5.0 padges, just gonna paint over. engine wise, hmm gonna pull the motor in there right now in the next week or 2, it looks like **** in the pictures, but the cylinders are really in good condition, just dirty, im thinking about just sending it to machine shop and cleaning it out. im only 17, and it would take me forever to have the money to build a nice 347, so itll most likely be a 302, with a holley sitting on top and a spray of nitrous by the time friday night drags start back up next summer, gonna get what ever set of decentheads i can find for a good price when the time comes, if not just junkyard gt40heads with good rockers and stuff.car wont nessecarily be an everyday driver, but ill drive it almost all the time. take it to car shows and races every week, just have some fun with it

Old 08-03-2008, 09:18 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

ok so instead of buying a bunch new interior stuff like carpet and door panels, we went on a trip to pull a part today and fukin scored on an 84 fox, that had a mint interior and everything, so we saved over $300 got full carpet interior screws, and new door panels, for like $40. gonna dye the carpet this week. got the block unbolted. and were gonna borrow a hoist from a friend tomorrow and get it out, gonna take it apart, and send it off to be cleaned out and see what condition this thing is in. looks rough bout cylinder walls feel perfect. but gotta pull the oil pan and check everything else out. pics to come soon.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:14 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

ok so body work begins in next day or 2, my dad says the body will be completely sanded down by the weekend, or end of weekend. and have everything else taped up, andthe engine bay painted if i can get the block pulled tomorrow or next day, my friend is lazy as *** and want bring over the engine hoist, he thinks his new jeep is more important, bitch its not a ford, haha. well pics to come in next few days most likely
Old 08-09-2008, 03:40 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

mmmk so some more progress today, got some primer, black paint, new kobalt sander and some other stuff from summit. pressure washed the engine bay, degreased it,sanded, primed, and painted black, along with jambs for rear hatch. my dad wants to paint it 2 tone, top half black bottom white, im getting someone to photoshop it on another car site to see how itll look. but heres the pics...

beginning with... (pulled engine btw)

primed

rattle can spray job... BALLLIN

hatch

Old 08-09-2008, 04:03 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Nice progress and cool project. Do some hole filling in the engine bay to clean it up abit more.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:05 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

ok plans changed, i think were gonna paint it all black, which is how i always wanted my fox. so yay. haha and im most likely changing front bumper to a 87+ model, since my 86 is trashed and its much easier to find a 87+ front end in descent shape at a junkyard or on craigslist

edit: forgot to mention.. hatch is about 1/4 way done and partially primed, and i finished painting the engine bay like the power steering parts, removed motor mounts, and re painted the shocks for the hatch
Old 08-10-2008, 01:13 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

I would leave the front bumper. If you go to the 87+ one, you will need a new hood, rear bumper and moldings.

Quick Reply: New Project (engine pulled/bay PAINTED)