5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Pickin up an 85 gt tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:36 PM
holtzer1

Originally Posted by Shelty
the 4 eye thing will grow on you. you could always swap it for an 84, 83, 82, 82GT, 79 Pace Car, or even a capri Front end...

those versions have different style grilles and we would all not be mad at you lol...

also if you live in an area with no emissions, get an offroad pipe, ditch the 4 cats, then remove the smog pump and all the lines, and either run a shorter belt or a delete pulley...

no emissions here, i dont know if he cats are still on it or if theyve been punched out...no clue. it has bbk headers and flowmasters on it, but he said it wasnt too aweful loud, so i'm sure the cats are intact
Old 10-07-2008, 05:59 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by holtzer1
whenever i get into the engine, i dont plan on going all out overboard with it. cam, heads, roller drivetrain, intake, carb. that kinda stuff. dont wanna stroke it or anything too radical...(at first)
you should be fine with the eddy for now I have a 600 on my 92 with ported heads and 289 intake and f-cam and the eddy carb fits it well
Old 10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

The '85 GT is a nice car to have, DO NOT hack up the body....get rid of the CFI, swap in a T-5 and 8.8 rear....
Old 10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shelty
and do not do not do not do not do not swap out the front bumper to an Aero Nose, that kills the 4eye, and if your not a fan of a 4 eye, dont buy one and butcher it...
and please, do not do not do not do not do not do not do not do not kill the 4 eye....
+1 I converted mine to an 87-93 I still love my car that's no doubt but the only reason I did do it is cause I got in a front end collision and killed my bumper and hood ( my hood looked like this ^)and we had the front clip off an 89 gt so I changed it I hate that I done it but it still looks good to me
Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

first thing i have planned are 90 model front and rear bumpers, lights..etc, and 90's model gt side skirts. i'm not a huge fan of the 4 eyes.

boooooooo
Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 86 5.0L
boooooooo
then buy a 90 and leave the 85 its garbage with that motor anyways, dont ruin another 4 eye, jeez i swear, some people
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

the 4-eyes have a special personality about them, and they are awesome
Old 10-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Chuckles_5.0
2nd Gear Member

Ever seen that shirt "Its a four eye thing, you wouldn't understang."

It will grow on you, when I got my 93 I had previously sworn never to buy a fox because they were ugly and shouln't have been made...lol, thats exactly what I said. But then the I saw this one and quickly broke down with the temptation of owning a mustang and now they are the most beautifull cars in the world. (yeah...I know, its not a four eye but you get the point.)

I like the four eye, its not common, (around here) and its got personality to it, it dares you to say something.

Save the four eye!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
holtzer1

havent decided if i'm gonna mess with the front clip or not yet...i think it is like a big tumor..grows on someone pretty quick. anyway, so far, i love this car. this is what i've found out it has thus far in my ventures at looking over it.
bbk springs front and back, accel ignition coil, msd wires and cap, bbk headers, offroad H pipe...no kitty cats, flowmasters. brakes are brand new all the way around, new calipers, hoses..the whole 9 yards. brand new tires and wheels....eagle alloys.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:28 PM
LT61
2nd Gear Member

maybe it will grow on me..its not really the headlights that bug me, its that hidious grille between them i really cant stand.

makin a list of parts

EDELBROCK intake and carb. i hate holley's with a passion...couldnt pay me to own one.
I am the same way. I wanted a T-Top but with an 87 and up front clip. Took over a year to find mine but I did and I couldn't be happier. I would suggest wating to find one somewhere online. There are quite a few here in Canada, but depending o your location, probably not gonna be worth it to come here. One's bound to show up somewhere sooner or later. Good luck with finding one!!

Quick Reply: Pickin up an 85 gt tomorrow