5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

New to mustang scene and the site

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 11:48 PM
project1

Default New to mustang scene and the site

Hi all, my name is Kenny I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm building my first 5.0. I'm currently in my senior year at a local tech high school studying industrial diesel mechanics. I also work part-time as a lot tech at a local dealership. I have a 94 v6 that a buddy of mine pretty much gave me. He had recently installed a stock rear and t5 out of his 95 GT which he wrecked a while back. The Gt was scrapped along with the bottom end due to a crack in the block from the accident. Since then my buddy bought a nice Camaro and an 89 corolla for gas so he had no use for the v6 stang so therefor it sat for a whilr before i bought it.
The day after I got the car I replaced the coil pack plugs and wires did a good sea foaming and oil change and the car ran amazing until my a/c pulley locked up and I snapped the serpentine belt and overheated the car as I was pulling into the dealership where i work. It never ran the same after that. It had a miss-fire that I could not diagnose. It is not burning oil or coolant. But piston number two had the spark plug doused in oil and when I drained my oil I found gas. This explained the dead cylinder because it had spark, fuel pressure and no head leaks, yet did not burn the fuel in the cat.
However I have come to the conclusion that I may have fried a piston ring so in order to fix that I would have to at least try to find a bottom end and rebuild the motor to which I just decided to take advantage of the situation and build a 5.0. And the timing is great for me to document this as my senior project for school.
I have most of the parts I need for my swap but I may look for a few things in the classifieds. I mainly am looking for advice and technical help because as I said I am new to mustangs. I will post pictures and more info to my profile soon. Thanks in advanced.
Kenny
Old 11-14-2008, 04:05 AM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

Welcome to MF's, check out the 5.0 section, they have lots of info over there.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 AM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

are you going carb 5.0 or did you grab the whole harness to do the efi swap? i know most of the time it's hard to find the harness and well the V6 harness only has 6 fuel injector plugs.
just let us know all the plans you have and we can help you out. btw congrats on getting a stang
Old 11-14-2008, 10:31 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by project1
. I mainly am looking for advice and technical help because as I said I am new to mustangs. Kenny
So what is the specific question you have??? cause I see none through the entire post....since you are new...WELCOME and please read this:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/290648-new-section-everyone-please-read.html
Old 11-14-2008, 11:15 PM
project1

Originally Posted by mjr46
So what is the specific question you have??? cause I see none through the entire post....since you are new...WELCOME and please read this:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290648
I was under the impression that this was the new member forum where I could introduce myself to the other members. I was simply trying to do that by explaining my situation because I know very little about mustangs and fords in general. So yeah i didn't post any specific question in this thread because if I had a tech question I would post it in the tech forums.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by project1
I was under the impression that this was the new member forum where I could introduce myself to the other members..
it is... however this is the proper area to do such for future reference.https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area-11/
Old 11-15-2008, 09:57 AM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

welcome, good luck with the 5.0. im a senior in highschool aswell