5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

K member selection

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:01 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Lol ok lets play nice I guess.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Until it's time to not to.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:06 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

here we go again with the ganging up on people deal...you all did this when i said i was gonna run a low 13...everyone like attacked me...now i have my own opinion on k-members which is not in agreement with your alls opinions...and i get ganged up on again...

i must ask this...how old are you guys? Please tell me like 18 or something so i can understand why you all are very eager to attack when someone elses opinion doesnt match yours...

also..there are ALOT of other guys out there running pretty good with experience...why all the sucking up to certain people...

the guy asked for opinions on k-members...not to have drama on his post
Old 11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PRO50SC
MY set up from PA Racing went in w/o Issue. I believe MJR46's D&D set up was the same for him as well. I went w/ mild steel as apposed to the chromoly. Mine was reasonably priced and I got great customer service from the guy I bought mine from. I got very little response from D&D and a couple others plus the PA set up was highly recommended from a few other ppl that ran them on their cars that I know from other forums.
i went with the PA racing and it did go in with little ease, but i did have to grind down part of it to make the powersteering rack fit. There explaination was that they design them for manual racks or something like that.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:11 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

and to rooracing.............if you say something is better you usually say why its better. no one is ganging up on you
Old 11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crusin92red5.0
and to rooracing.............if you say something is better you usually say why its better. no one is ganging up on you

read post #11 and #12
Old 11-20-2008, 01:22 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by roostracing
here we go again with the ganging up on people deal...you all did this when i said i was gonna run a low 13...everyone like attacked me...now i have my own opinion on k-members which is not in agreement with your alls opinions...and i get ganged up on again...

i must ask this...how old are you guys? Please tell me like 18 or something so i can understand why you all are very eager to attack when someone elses opinion doesnt match yours...

also..there are ALOT of other guys out there running pretty good with experience...why all the sucking up to certain people...

the guy asked for opinions on k-members...not to have drama on his post
No one is ganging up! You made a statement, I asked you for an explanation. Very simple. Maybe others would like to know why you are recommending the chromoly but all you did was say it was much better. So I asked, why you think so. If you can't tell us why, then you shouldn't post info you can't back up. My job as a moderator here is to be sure correct info is given by members. Granted, I don't know everything, but I do my best to see that correct info is stated.

So please, tell us why you think it's better.

Last edited by PRO50SC; 11-20-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

what i have found is from experience and the fact that i am also a certified welder...

my opinion is based on this...strength to weight ratio...chromoly is stronger and lighter..something we all want when it comes to racing...chromoly will weigh less than mild steel because not much material is needed to obtain the same strength

thats it...
Old 11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

the only main down fall is the cost...chromoly costs more
Old 11-20-2008, 01:39 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I have a QA1 K-member and to be quite honest, I'm not that happy with it. The control arm mounting points are very cheaply designed. It definitly doesnt look like a very ruggedly built component. Just by looking at it you can see that it wasnt designed very well. I don't really feel comfortable driving my car on any kind of bumpy road b/c it squirrels all over the place. I do plan on buying a AJE K-member AND tubular A-arms when I get home from training.

Quick Reply: K member selection