5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

anyone use the summit racing control arms

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:50 PM
1988TTOP
4th Gear Member

Default anyone use the summit racing control arms

anyone use these and like them

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...rt=SUM-790000B
Old 12-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Ive heard good and bad....

heard some complaining of wheelhop when the quads were taken off...

UPR or Maximum motorsports I heard is the way to go....
Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 PM
1988TTOP
4th Gear Member

ok i saw that they r 100 bucks and i am on a budget i got 700 bucks and i want to get upper and lower control arms sub frame connectors and a rebuild kit for my trans and do my battle boxes and if any is left rebuild my trac lock
Old 12-12-2008, 07:20 PM
FORD TOUGH
4th Gear Member

I think alot of the summit stuff is brand name stuff but cheap kinda like the grocery stores have their own brand. I was looking at something on from summit and it was summit brand and it said who made it. Look down towards the bottom and it may tell you. I have heard the wheel are "el cheapo's"
Old 12-12-2008, 07:33 PM
q8stang
3rd Gear Member

what are battle boxes? are they torque boxes
Old 12-12-2008, 07:38 PM
FORD TOUGH
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by q8stang
what are battle boxes? are they torque boxes
Yeah. http://www.mustang50magazine.com/how...xes/index.html
Old 12-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FORD TOUGH
I think alot of the summit stuff is brand name stuff but cheap kinda like the grocery stores have their own brand. I was looking at something on from summit and it was summit brand and it said who made it. Look down towards the bottom and it may tell you. I have heard the wheel are "el cheapo's"
I don't know about the contral arms but some of the stuff is pretty good. I had a 5000 dollar limit on a 496 stroker Big Block Chevy engine I was building. I ordered up a set of the Summit heads because the specs looke good for what it was going to do. The heads came and had Summit Racing engraved on the end of the head. They were really Dart Iron Eagle 305s. Their Summit brand cams are from Crane, The new Summit Ignitions are made by Mallory and the Summit brand Aluminum Valve covers are made by THR. I'm not sure who makes their stage 3 intakes but it's a nice peice. Perfect alignment on the gaskets and made power just like an air gap. Ive been pretty impressed with the stuff I've used from them so far. The timing cover on my 347 is a Summit unit.
I bought three 5.0 Summit Blocks a few years back for 300 dollars each. Of Course they were OEM blocks (knew it before we ordered. Buddy of mine bought a set of the Summit Brand roller rockers. They are really Scorpion rockers. If I was on a really tight budget I would feel pretty comfortable using about anything with the Summit brand.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:59 PM
1988TTOP
4th Gear Member

so should i try them out
Old 12-12-2008, 09:11 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

worst case they suck and you ebay them off and buy something else.

like ive posted a billion times most of summit stuff is other companies crap. like summit owns trick flow so a lot of their stuff is trick flow stuff. my summit fuel pump was walbro, ive bought tons of summit stuff.

just call summit reps they'll tell you what some of thier stuff is.

what was said above about grocery stores. proctor and gamble own about 70% of the crap you buy from a grocery store and they make their own competition products and a lot of them are the same. a lot of the time the "store brand" you see is just a proctor and gamble knock off made for the store. most stores dont waste their time making a factory to produce their own stuff but they'll happily pay someone to put their name on someone elses product, hence "store brand"
Old 12-12-2008, 09:26 PM
1988TTOP
4th Gear Member

yea i will have to give them a call so so if i get upper and lower control arms and trans rebuild kit and sub frame connectors and torque boxes r those all good things to get

Quick Reply: anyone use the summit racing control arms