5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Could I run skinnys on my daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:00 PM
306stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Then why are you posting here asking for others opinions?

He's got a point, just run a smaller tire up front. You wont get the use out of the skinnies if its your DD.

In the end its your decision man. Don't complain when people give their opinions, especially when they have solid grounds.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:06 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 306stang

He's got a point, just run a smaller tire up front. You wont get the use out of the skinnies if its your DD.

In the end its your decision man. Don't complain when people give their opinions, especially when they have solid grounds.
Thanks for backing me up. Just because my opinion differs doesn't mean its not valid.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Explosive

I love how the dude with a convertible is preaching performance and speed.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:20 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

^^^ So a convertible shouldn't be modified for performance. Stop following my posts around and talking nonsense kid.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Explosive

I'm not following you, I just noticed you bugging a couple people and found it funny that you are so anti-cosmetic yet you drive a vert.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:00 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
I'm not following you, I just noticed you bugging a couple people and found it funny that you are so anti-cosmetic yet you drive a vert.
Saying that I'm "anti-cosmetic" is definitely a generalization. I'm all for making your car look better. I'm just advising against making cosmetic changes that are usually reserved for higher horsepower track car. Not for a bolt on 5.0 driven on the street.

I have no problem with a Y2K Cobra R sporting a big wing in the back, knowing that it is built to use it. I do have a problem when 1998 Civic coupe w/108hp has one.

Just like a car running 10's at 130mph can sport big n' littles. I don't think a 200rwhp needs them.

If I was driving your car Explosive and a 5.0 w/big n littles rolls up next to me at a light. I would say "I'll run him, but he's probably running something real serious judging by his appearance." I would LMAO if come to find out I put 5 cars on him. Tell me you wouldn't be laugh inside at the guy with big n littles running 14's.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:11 AM
83glx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Saying that I'm "anti-cosmetic" is definitely a generalization. I'm all for making your car look better. I'm just advising against making cosmetic changes that are usually reserved for higher horsepower track car. Not for a bolt on 5.0 driven on the street.

I have no problem with a Y2K Cobra R sporting a big wing in the back, knowing that it is built to use it. I do have a problem when 1998 Civic coupe w/108hp has one.

Just like a car running 10's at 130mph can sport big n' littles. I don't think a 200rwhp needs them.

If I was driving your car Explosive and a 5.0 w/big n littles rolls up next to me at a light. I would say "I'll run him, but he's probably running something real serious judging by his appearance." I would LMAO if come to find out I put 5 cars on him. Tell me you wouldn't be laugh inside at the guy with big n littles running 14's.
And i can understand someone running fat tires all around on their car if they can actually do 7:22 laps around Nürburgring.

Your excuse about having to run 10 seconds to sport skinnys and not be a ricer is just dumb.

I run skinnys to make people think im super fast in the 1/4 mile?
You run big tires on all corners to make people think your car can excel around a track?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:51 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83glx5.0
And i can understand someone running fat tires all around on their car if they can actually do 7:22 laps around Nürburgring.

Your excuse about having to run 10 seconds to sport skinnys and not be a ricer is just dumb.

I run skinnys to make people think im super fast in the 1/4 mile?
You run big tires on all corners to make people think your car can excel around a track?
Wow. You ignored all things I posted previously.

I never said you had to run 10's to run big n littles. That was an example. Previously I said that I only see it useful if you are running atleast 12's and I still wouldn't recommend running them on the street if its your DD.

Again by adding 245's all around(nothing crazy, same as stock SN-95 GT) I make my car perform BETTER on the street. First and for most. Your big n littles makes your car perform WORSE on the street. They are strictly a appearance mod.

I see where your argument is going but it real doesn't hold water when I'm running 245mm street tires all around. They are made for performing well in the street. Not the track, like your big n littles. If I ran R compound road racing tires then you would have a point. They would work worse on the street(only work properly when warm) and would only be for looks.

Again I've said what I think. I'm not going to say it again. I answered the OP's original question and you have continued to try to debate my opinion. Look back I never directly questioned your car and why you run skinnies up front. You picked this fight. TKO
Old 12-19-2008, 05:50 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Enough already!!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:52 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Damn people argue in one post and drag it into another. You three are not allowed to play together anymore, go sit in time out lol.

Quick Reply: Could I run skinnys on my daily driver?