5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

How much is my coupe worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

no problemo...there is a guy down here that just ran a 12.7x @ 103 on a stock uncracked motor...he tuned it himself with some software he bought...he burns chips with it...he has everything like me but has skinnies, rear suspension, and the tune...he's gonna go out there on the 21st and let me test his chip out...
Old 01-13-2009, 03:15 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by roostracing
no problemo...there is a guy down here that just ran a 12.7x @ 103 on a stock uncracked motor...he tuned it himself with some software he bought...he burns chips with it...he has everything like me but has skinnies, rear suspension, and the tune...he's gonna go out there on the 21st and let me test his chip out...

hope it wouldnt be cracked, could have some performance issues

and i hope they at least taste good...

i keed
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Roostracing, I don't know what part of Texas you are from, but I know for a fact, there is a stock engine coupe around the Beaumont area that has alot more than you offer in your car for alot less money, not to mention it is faster in the 1/4 mile than yours. Only reason I don't own it is because my wife doesn't care for the exterior color of the coupe in question which is fire engine red. I just don't want you to get your hopes up too high. I spoke with people at Kotzur racing who haul coupes for scrap all the time, not to mention what Mike Murillo and his shop does with them. Both shops are in the San Antonio area. Get a grip dude, your car isn't that special!

Last edited by BlessedHellride; 01-13-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:35 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Roostracing, I don't know what part of Texas you are from, but I know for a fact, there is a stock engine coupe around the Beaumont area that has alot more than you offer in your car for alot less money, not to mention it is faster in the 1/4 mile than yours. Only reason I don't own it is because my wife doesn't care for the exterior color of the coupe in question which is fire engine red. I just don't want you to get your hopes up too high. I spoke with people at Kotzur racing who haul coupes for scrap all the time, not to mention what Mike Murillo and his shop does with them. Both shops are in the San Antonio area. Get a grip dude, your car isn't that special!
Bud it's all about location and demand! ...here in the NorthEast, a clean LX Coupe is the hot ticket and very hard to find! An LX Coupe compared to a GT will easily that in $1500-$2000 more! Fact around here!

Last year when I sold my son's '86 LX Coupe (too low!) I had people calling me from all parts of the country! sold the car to the 1st person, 1st day it was for sale ....just give it a little time!

Perhaps put the car on eBay and maybe someone up this way will snag it!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by roostracing
i knew you were gonna say some crap like that lol The torque boxes are perfect and now welded up and the subframes are on...the video is still there somewhere...

i think you want the video of the 13.26...for the "non believers" lol

Wait another week and i might have one of a 12 second pass...gonna hit the track on the 21st

Launch it like you stole it! Thats the way a car is suppose to launch...1.68 60 ft on a stock motored 5.0 stang!!!
You are not making a good case for "My Car has not been beat on" lol
Old 01-14-2009, 07:22 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

raced 6 times is not beat on...ive had other cars with 100's of passes per year....6 passes aint nothing and you know it since you do beat on yours...i'm not hiding that its been raced...i did make two different threads when i did go to the track...gonna make a third one here shortly...it is what it is
Old 01-14-2009, 07:39 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Dude, who the hell are you? Where did you get that my car is special? Its an original 5.0 coupe w/minor bolt ons thats a nice street car. Dont take what i say out of context. I know who Kotzur racing is. They build really fast motors. Spoke with the the owner several times. I know Mike Murillo personally. Hes tuned and worked on my ex 03 mach 1. What does that have to do with anything? Ive had 4 calls on the car already. Coupes that are taken for scrap are just that....scrape! Dont compare apples to oranges here!

IF there is a nice coupe in the Beaumont area that is faster, more stuff offered, and costs a lot less, then why the hell hasnt it sold?

I can honestly sell the car today locally for the price i ask. I just dont wanna see the car in town or near me. I know once i sell it, it will make me want it back so i rather just not see it at all if i do sell it!

So lets just get this straight...MY CAR IS NOT SPECIAL. Its a nice street car thats a lot of fun and its an original 5.0 coupe....not a conversion. Its not a scrap car that needs major work. Its a car ready to go in comfort. Ready for some slicks. Ive looked around and priced a car like this and thought about the average value it would sell for in Texas. I take your opinion for what its worth. Not looking for anyone to blow smoke up my rectum either lol When i was looking for a coupe they were all priced from $4500-$10,000. Obviously the more expensive ones had a lot of mods.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:12 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

put in an Alabama auto trader. Every mustang in there is at least 5 grand. I had to go to Kentucky to get mine.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Ebay the car. That will show you what it's really worth. I'd skip the part about what it runs at the track. Get photos of as much stuff as you can including the underside of the car. Show the paint flaws and tell them about the speedometer. When people know you are being up front and disclose the good and bad it brings a better price. Use the words "runs really strong" instead of "It's fast as hell". If it's in as good as shape as you say using the words "Fly in and drive home" will drive the price up" and offer to pick them up at the airport" It may bring more than you are asking. Good luck with your sale any way you decide to sell it.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:45 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

thanks man...i may put it on ebay and set the reserve where i know what i'll take...i might do that in about 2 weeks...