5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

False advertisement?? Opinions????

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:09 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

well i just got a call from the folks who have the shortblock. He tore it apart and said he discovered a stock crank with stock pistons and rods, with all of the mains wiped out of it. He said it looked like it APPEARED to have 100k mi+ on it. I plan on visiting the dealer either tomarrow or wednesday.... and you guys probably are right, the previous owner probably DID screw them over. BUT, would you flip a car someone told you was supercharged, and advertise it as such, without popping the hood to look if theres a supercharger???
Old 03-16-2009, 09:13 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by XPBaller
well i just got a call from the folks who have the shortblock. He tore it apart and said he discovered a stock crank with stock pistons and rods, with all of the mains wiped out of it. He said it looked like it APPEARED to have 100k mi+ on it. I plan on visiting the dealer either tomarrow or wednesday.... and you guys probably are right, the previous owner probably DID screw them over. BUT, would you flip a car someone told you was supercharged, and advertise it as such, without popping the hood to look if theres a supercharger???
yeah but a supercharger is a external visible mod a stroker is almost impossible to prove without a tear down......I wish you luck though
Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Chaoss84GT50
2nd Gear Member

Good luck, I wish you the best and hope the results come out in your favor.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

keep us up to date. if you go to court it will probably a long drawn out process

Last edited by w8less; 03-17-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Explosive

I don't think it matters if the previous owner had lied. The dealer if as good as said, should have done a good inspection of the vehicle before selling it, and upon that inspection should have looked into all that IMO.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:47 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

interested to see where this go's.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Slo5oh
Banned

Originally Posted by Portmaster
If he's a truly reputable dealer he may take care of it for you by buying you a stroker shortblock. You may have to eat the cost of time for the labor to do the install. If he doesn't File suit. If that doesn't work there is always a drive by waiting to happen. (just kidding on the drive by).
HA! I would take that in a heartbeat. Who cares about time to put it in....boy would that be a nice twist of fate. Sucks that you didnt get what you paid for and should have had it anyways.

If the dealer is selling a car as a stroker, and there is obviously no visuial tell tales they should have something more to lean on than the word of the previous owner to advertise it so.

Last edited by Slo5oh; 03-17-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:44 PM
PJC Racing
3rd Gear Member

BUT, would you flip a car someone told you was supercharged, and advertise it as such, without popping the hood to look if theres a supercharger???
BUT, did YOU "pop the hood" so to speak by asking the right questions and investigating?

You are not absent from blame either. To be brutally honest, you purchased a car with a "stroked 302" without investigating what they meant by the statement. A simple "what is it stroked to?" could have saved you some money. And when you didn't get an answer and/or a contact number for the previous owner to get the details, you should have left it at the dealer.

oh, and i had it dynod shortly after i bought it to see if it really made "360rwhp". It put down 280 (untuned, low timing).
Here is another reason to blame yourself. You should have spoken to them then.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
95greengt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
you guys are funny.........I seriously doubt anything will happen to previous owner..........I mean how many people told you and I the tooth fairy and santa claus were real and what happened to those people who told you when you found out they told you a fib???.....
wait a min. you mean they arent real?!?!?! ... what about the easter bunny?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

Originally Posted by PJC Racing
BUT, did YOU "pop the hood" so to speak by asking the right questions and investigating?

You are not absent from blame either. To be brutally honest, you purchased a car with a "stroked 302" without investigating what they meant by the statement. A simple "what is it stroked to?" could have saved you some money. And when you didn't get an answer and/or a contact number for the previous owner to get the details, you should have left it at the dealer.

Here is another reason to blame yourself. You should have spoken to them then.
+1
I concur

Quick Reply: False advertisement?? Opinions????