5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

False advertisement?? Opinions????

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:52 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

To be honest, it is a buyer beware market. If a car lot got a car that someone rolled the miles back on so it had 10K instead of 100K and there was no way of tracking it, is it their fault for selling it to you? even if they didn't know? It's not like they sold you a black car telling you it was red. It is very well possible they didn't know and it is just as much you fault for not investigating a little more(mostlikely they didn't know). IMO, the only person who was dishonest was the previous owner who lied to them, if that is the case.

But non the less, it can't hurt to inform them about the situation and if they are a good dealer, they should help you out in some way.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:11 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PJC Racing
BUT, did YOU "pop the hood" so to speak by asking the right questions and investigating?

You are not absent from blame either. To be brutally honest, you purchased a car with a "stroked 302" without investigating what they meant by the statement. A simple "what is it stroked to?" could have saved you some money. And when you didn't get an answer and/or a contact number for the previous owner to get the details, you should have left it at the dealer.

Here is another reason to blame yourself. You should have spoken to them then.
Granted there probably are some things i could have done different and even i admit that, so ill give you that point. but i didnt expect to get ****ed like this as they (or i thought) are pretty reputable. and YES i did pop the hood and check things over with what i could see visually. You think i didnt ask those questions? You think i expected them to falsify all this **** on the car? Whatre you a moron or are you just plain stupid and assuming? If youre seriously backing sales practices like this, then youre just plain scum. Just because i posted the add doesnt mean i based the ENTIRE sale on it and didnt ASK anything face to face or have any conversations with them at all in person. They told me they had the head off and seen aftermarket thirty over pistons in it. When i asked them why they had the head off they said to verify the old owners claim of aftermarket bottom end. THE PISTONS ARE FACTORY.

About two weeks after they sold me the car they went out of business (how shady is that??), thats why i couldnt "talk to them then" as you say. Well, come to find out they must have gotten a loan or something because as of about a week or two ago theyre lot is full of mustangs and theyre back.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:12 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0stanger
To be honest, it is a buyer beware market. If a car lot got a car that someone rolled the miles back on so it had 10K instead of 100K and there was no way of tracking it, is it their fault for selling it to you? even if they didn't know? It's not like they sold you a black car telling you it was red. It is very well possible they didn't know and it is just as much you fault for not investigating a little more(mostlikely they didn't know). IMO, the only person who was dishonest was the previous owner who lied to them, if that is the case.

But non the less, it can't hurt to inform them about the situation and if they are a good dealer, they should help you out in some way.

Agreed \=.

But only to an extent. its still not right.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

I don't think it is right either, and if what you said about them telling you it had differend pistons in it...that changes things. If that is true, there is more to this story now.

Anyway, good luck and don't go with guns blazing. They could easily tell you that you must have swapped in a stock motor and F'ed it up to screw them...it is your word verse theirs. Like I said, buyer beware.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:56 PM
wowvfast
2nd Gear Member

c'on guys ..used cars are buyer be-ware....if I saw an ad that said stroker 302 I would have ask stoked to what????common sense...unless the guy really cares about his rep. I doubt you see anything. simple car fax could have gotten you the real mileage...maybe on that you can get him for odometer fraud
good luck
Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wowvfast
c'on guys ..used cars are buyer be-ware....if I saw an ad that said stroker 302 I would have ask stoked to what????common sense...unless the guy really cares about his rep. I doubt you see anything. simple car fax could have gotten you the real mileage...maybe on that you can get him for odometer fraud
good luck
I can tell you really read through my post before you replied.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:20 PM
PJC Racing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by XPBaller
i didnt expect to get ****ed like this as they (or i thought) are pretty reputable.
Now I wasn’t condescending to you or calling you names in my post, I was simply stating the obvious by the information you provided. Now I will be condescending:

So what makes them reputable? They are a dealer? They sell mustangs? A friend bought a car from them? All crap and does not make them reputable. They have no reviews, I looked. This must be the first car you have bought, you should always anticipate getting ****ed when buying a car especially when it’s used. To get screwed like this is far out of the norm and I do feel for you, but there are some real key things that should have keyed you in. Shoot, they couldn’t even properly spell Edelbrock in their add.

You think i didnt ask those questions?
Yes…..At no time in this thread have you stated what they told you the “stroked 302” is, or “the previous owner said it was”. Where is the they told me it was a L/R306, 331, 347, 363….ect,ect. In this thread?

Whatre you a moron or are you just plain stupid and assuming?
Since we are going to call names here: No, I think you are a moron and are just plain stupid for not going the extra mile to find out what they meant by a “stroked 302” and not educating yourself in the area of small block strokers.

If youre seriously backing sales practices like this, then youre just plain scum.
Show me where the F@#% I was condoning dishonesty!

Just because i posted the add doesnt mean i based the ENTIRE sale on it and didnt ASK anything face to face or have any conversations with them at all in person. They told me they had the head off and seen aftermarket thirty over pistons in it. When i asked them why they had the head off they said to verify the old owners claim of aftermarket bottom end..
And you believed that crap? Did you get it writing? Where are the pictures with the head off? Again what was it suppose to be stroked to? You can’t verify what is in a bottom end by just pulling a cylinder head. And just so you know, an overbore does not mean an engine has been stroked. You Sir, should have educated yourself about engines before you bought a car that was listed as a “stroker 302”.

Good luck with your lawsuit, I’m pretty sure you’re SOL.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PJC Racing
Now I wasn’t condescending to you or calling you names in my post, I was simply stating the obvious by the information you provided. Now I will be condescending:

So what makes them reputable? They are a dealer? They sell mustangs? A friend bought a car from them? All crap and does not make them reputable. They have no reviews, I looked. This must be the first car you have bought, you should always anticipate getting ****ed when buying a car especially when it’s used. To get screwed like this is far out of the norm and I do feel for you, but there are some real key things that should have keyed you in. Shoot, they couldn’t even properly spell Edelbrock in their add.

Yes…..At no time in this thread have you stated what they told you the “stroked 302” is, or “the previous owner said it was”. Where is the they told me it was a L/R306, 331, 347, 363….ect,ect. In this thread?

Since we are going to call names here: No, I think you are a moron and are just plain stupid for not going the extra mile to find out what they meant by a “stroked 302” and not educating yourself in the area of small block strokers.

Show me where the F@#% I was condoning dishonesty!

And you believed that crap? Did you get it writing? Where are the pictures with the head off? Again what was it suppose to be stroked to? You can’t verify what is in a bottom end by just pulling a cylinder head. And just so you know, an overbore does not mean an engine has been stroked. You Sir, should have educated yourself about engines before you bought a car that was listed as a “stroker 302”.

Good luck with your lawsuit, I’m pretty sure you’re SOL.

You may not have found much online about them, but pretty much anyone who is familiar with mustangs in my area (Including a lot of big tuners) all say nothing but great things about these guys. They do millions of $s a year in sales, mostly modified mustangs. I just didnt think they would try to pull this over someones eyes, BUT, obviously i was wrong and i should have approached it more carefully. No, not my first car. And not my first mustang. This is my second 5 liter, 4th mustang (two other 4.6 cars) not that that even matters. And i realize an overbore doesnt equate to a stroker.... but its not even overbored and the pistons are factory, they still lied. I'm certainly not a God of mustangs by any means, but i know a little more about these engines than you really think.. I'm just a young dude and got tricked. And like i said, i didnt base the fact that this car was a "stroker 302" just by the add. There was a lot more discussed than that. You sure do ASSume a lot. there's a lot that i could have done to change this situation but hindsight is 20/20. I see what youre saying, and im pretty sure youre right when you say im SOL, but you know what its worth a shot. If not, lesson learned. No matter how you look at it, it was still a cheap shot.... I would expect this from a random. but not them.

and sorry for the name calling. I was just heated because it was the main topic on my mind yesterday.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:30 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Well, WTF did they say? Did you go by there and ask them or tell them what was up? I would of been there with the car first time they was open with the car on a roll back, disassembled or not and ask them "what are we going to do about this?"
Old 03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I know it really sucks Xballer....but to persure it is your perogative but if you can fix it yourself, IMO it'd be a waste of money to persue it legally and waste all that money you could be putting towards your car, with only the hope you might get something out of them, cause if you loose, then you'll be out double...good luck though

Quick Reply: False advertisement?? Opinions????