5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

burn it fine when cold

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:32 AM
cortlan
2nd Gear Member

Red face burn it fine when cold

Hey guys,
Been awhile since I've been on here... the car is awesome! i'm lovin the 331...

I was wondering though... for some reason whenever my car warms up... it seems a LOT slower than when it's cold! I'm talking like when it's cold I can burn out all the way through first and spin a little when shifting to second! then when it's warm... nada! lol I mean I can burn out a little in first, and not even a chirp goin to second

Anyways, just wondering what you guys think could be causing it? I was thinkin maybe it's the transmission (aode)? I've heard they can get pretty hot and then they don't run as well...

Just seems weird! I mean it's a COMPLETELY different car when it's warmed up
Thanks Guys
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 AM
cortlan
2nd Gear Member

hey guys... kind of ironic I posted that this morning....

So... I drove to school and while I was putting money in the meter I saw friggin water like DRAINING out of my car! and I popped the hood really QUICK (had class) and I noticed it's not coming from the upper or lower radiator tubes...

It looked like it was coming from the maybe the .... water pump? It was coming from the middle of the engine but in front.... so by the lowest pully

It sucks because now that it's at school i'm screwed! It's a cold day where I live... I don't want to at all but... is there any way you guys can help? I need to get it home!

If you could all respond kind of quick that would be awesome!

This just SUCKS!
Thanks guys