5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

"E3" spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:08 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Originally Posted by ejohnson5120
Who talks like that? Next, are you going to bust out the "Dude, that was totally gay?"

Anyway, if you are talking about the E3's, then $100 would be "retarded" since they were $23.99 for the four of them (which was subsequently refunded by the retailer due to my bad experience. Thanks Jegs). Seems to me that I got spark plugs for a year and a half for free and you all got a real-world testimonial and all I had at risk was my wife's $1500 blue-book-value throw-away winter car that I wish she would throw away (or let me put in a demo derby, etc). What can I do, this is her 13th winter with it and she's "comfortable" with it. My hat's off to you if you never did anything quite so "retarded" as that. Now if I'd have put them in my 15k Mustang engine (okay that does include the turbos) and then damaged something, that would have been retarded.

If you need to feel superior, I can give you a list of WAY more dumb things that I have done on a whim. Can you say 20lbs of boost in a stock BMW eta motor with 200,000 miles on it? I put probably 100 hours of my time into that to pump 200 hp out of a 120 hp engine. Of course, I got 1,200 mi of fun before she blew and used what I learned (and bought) to build a rock-solid turbo M20 to swap into my 1976 BMW 2002. I guess I'll leave it up to you to determine if any of that is "retarded." I'm going to go change my drool cup now.

BTW, to the guy that thinks I was complaining, I was simply adding my experiences. Sometimes my desire to try new things gets the better of me (and sometimes it works out GREAT!) and I thought I would take my first shot at adding to the body of knowledge with something simple. People often tell me I should document some of my projects so as to "help out the next guy." I think in the future I will stick to doing and stay away from discussing.

Duuuuddee........

Your experience of having fun with other cars is completely irrelevant to my comment. The last time I looked at E3's they were $25 for 2 of them. Either way $50 for spark plugs in general a dumb move IMO unless the vehicle specifically needs them such as F/I or nitrous setups or a brand new car (yadda yadda yadda) but I am a little more careful with how I spend my money. What you do with your money is your choice but my comment was just a general rationality. While you are at it why don't you go and purchase one of the tornado things to get better gas milage.

Anyway this isn't either one of our threads so back to the topic.