5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

looking for a 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabbem88
reason i asked,cause i remember seeing a parts list a long time ago about swaps and seen the 93 cobra listed with the lincoln,marque,crown,and something else..it was something like a junkyard upgrade?

what part of the 94-95 chasis was stronger?..what are you looking at?
the body all in all. the sn weighs more due to the extra material they used to reinforce the body. i love the way my sn can handle compared to my old fox's
Old 04-20-2009, 10:19 PM
tbergman

I want to sell mine, but for 5K. It has about 1000 miles on the new tranny (auto). Total sleeper. Been garaged. Look at my sig for details.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:26 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

you guys saying an SN looks better....NO. its personal preference, but no. yes, theyre a more rigid chassis. ill give it that. they did more research on the nvh of the vehicle, but my Fox is roomier than an SN. i drove my buddies 5-6wks ago, and i was cramped compared to my Fox body. and no SN95 can beat the look of a Fox-body with big n littles on it. notchback, or hatchback. haha
Old 04-21-2009, 12:23 AM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grn N Gry 5OH
you guys saying an SN looks better....NO. its personal preference, but no. yes, theyre a more rigid chassis. ill give it that. they did more research on the nvh of the vehicle, but my Fox is roomier than an SN. i drove my buddies 5-6wks ago, and i was cramped compared to my Fox body. and no SN95 can beat the look of a Fox-body with big n littles on it. notchback, or hatchback. haha
not so sure about that whole statement aside from saying they put more research into it. i got tired of the BS i always had to put up with in my fox's i'm 6' and i feel fine in my sn, i love the way the car feels. and i believe my sn looks a lot better than MY old 88. i built fox's before and thats what i started with but i like my sn better
Old 04-21-2009, 09:26 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpony88
not so sure about that whole statement aside from saying they put more research into it. i got tired of the BS i always had to put up with in my fox's i'm 6' and i feel fine in my sn, i love the way the car feels. and i believe my sn looks a lot better than MY old 88. i built fox's before and thats what i started with but i like my sn better
idk. its like when i was driving, with the seat all the way back, my legs were bent a lot more than in my car. i mean, its all personal preference, but comparing GT to GT...id rather have a Fox body. what kind of BS were you putting up with in your Fox's??
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

no matter what i replaced... something else would break within the next 2 weeks..... it was that way from the start. my sn hasnt given me any issues, i even had the stock motor never touched and it ran just fine but it was stock, i replaced the motor etc and it's still running strong, no real issues. i got my 88 when i was 15 got tired of the thing 4 years later and got my sn and in the year i've had it, i cant put that car down.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:22 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ohh. gotcha. i mean i DO like the looks of 'em usually. especially lowered with a nice hood, but, i just dont think any newer 'Stang is sexier than a Fox-body except for an '03/'04 Cobra.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

I love my Fox. I've driven a bunch of New Edges and they feel a bit cramped for me at 6'5". I do like the "feel" of the SNs and may possibly own one some day, but there's nothing like the Fox.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:15 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

wow, lots of responses! thanks guys! Hes trying to decided, I told him about what you guys said and what not. Thanks again!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Latin_Man

Buy a fox!

Quick Reply: looking for a 5.0