5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Well...well.well

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:09 PM
symonds86
3rd Gear Member

just the lifters, and measure pushrods
Old 05-17-2009, 10:15 PM
gt884me
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by symonds86
just the lifters, and measure pushrods
Did you use the stock length on yours?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
gt884me
2nd Gear Member

UPDATE UPDATE...i just heard from my uncle and he is going to be all over the machine shop tomorrow.....................so he says
Old 05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
symonds86
3rd Gear Member

no measured mine then ordered them through summit, when ya change heads and rockers and cam like you and i did its always a good idea. other wise geometry will be incorrect
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

i just got the frpp hardened pushrods
Old 05-18-2009, 08:40 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

haha yea jamie, im totally pissed for you. i cant believe we took off the lower intake. i was lookin at it and sayin to myself "uhhh...this isnt normal...?" lol, oh well....we'll get er fixed up, hopefully your get some good news out of your uncle. it'd be more worth the machine shop and your time for them just to compensate for the link bar lifters instead of finding/giving your old block back.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gt884me
UPDATE UPDATE...i just heard from my uncle and he is going to be all over the machine shop tomorrow.....................so he says
After what I saw I don't think I'd be listening to anything either one of them had to say. I'd be double checking everything either one of them had their hands on. Just incredible
Old 05-18-2009, 09:23 AM
gt884me
2nd Gear Member

My uncle went over to the machine shop today and they found my block sitting on the shelf....they are going to bore it and he is supposed to bring it up on wednesday, where then i (with a little help from kyle and you all) will put it together correctly......ill keep you updated...by the way i do trust the machine shop and some things about my uncle...everyone deserves second chances and i am a forgiving person....Jamie
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

yea portmaster, when i went over to his house to help him out, i was lookin how some of this stuff was done and im like "wow...hmmm, we're gonna have to do some clean up while we put this back together"

and when me and jamie were taking the top end apart we kept finding random bolts not tight, corners of the lower intake manifold weren't rtv'd or high temp siliconed. jamie's uncle just put the cork ones in there and called it good.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gt884me
everyone deserves second chances and i am a forgiving person....Jamie
Forgiveness is a wonderfull thing, without it we would all be damned. If you let them handle your engine from here on out it's your own fault. It's painfully obvious that one or both of them have some serious lack of skill. If you loan a man 100 dollars and he doesn't pay you it's his fault. If you turn around and loan him a 1000 dollars and again he doesn't pay you then the only person you have to blame is yourself. If they didn't what they were doing the first time what makes you think they have learned anything since then. It's seems the only people who ever really learn the lessons are those who foot the bill.

I'd get my block and my money back and head to a reputable shop. If I ever screwed up and gave someone back the wrong block I wouldn't ever expect them back. When people bring me their heads (sometimes I have them sitting in my shop for 8 months or more waiting to be picked up) I mark the heads right in front of the customer (unless I've done work on that head before) and give the owner matching tags to his heads the owner better have the matching tag that goes with them when he picks them up. Most of my customers mark their own stuff with the last 4 #'s of their SSN. That helps me and them avoid confusion.