5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Whos been around the block....any idea what my cars worth???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:40 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i was just giving my .02 for my area. verts just arent in demand
Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
^I was looking for a GT and all the gt's were going for more, The thing the one I got had going for it was decent paint and new cobra r rims as well as a saleen wing and mach 1 ram air cowl hood.....it also came with EDelbrock aluminum heads, comp cam, and ported cobra intake, so it was by no means a stock one , it has a slew of other mods too....however the inside was thrashed and it had a bunch of mech issues, all I have left to do it rebuild tranny and swap out clutch and flywheel and install a different exhaust and a few other small cosmetic issues and it'll be ready to go, this past weekend I did a new rack, pump, alignment, rear wheel cylinders, shoes , hardware and brake flush...the interior is basically done except for a radio....I'll update my thread soon enough
I gotcha, for 3 grand I got some decent boltons, but my seats were trashed, sorta needed a top and a good good cleaning but since I bought it, she has been on the right track to becoming the clean cut machine Ive always wanted, abet, rather slowly
Old 07-13-2009, 01:43 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shelty
I gotcha, for 3 grand I got some decent boltons, but my seats were trashed, sorta needed a top and a good good cleaning but since I bought it, she has been on the right track to becoming the clean cut machine Ive always wanted, abet, rather slowly

thats how projects go. i remember when you first started off with that 6cylinder car that you were going to do a 50 swap to. ive had several cars since that time and my car current car has been sitting for close to 2yrs now and probably wont be running for another good year.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:07 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

i'd say $5k-ish give or take a grand depending how clean the interior and top "really" are and also how good or bad the rust is... older foxes are starting to appreciate pretty good

i bought my '90 vert for somewhere around $4000 and had a hard time selling it. i sold it for 3k since it was gonna cost me $1200 to ship it back to mi

it was a 7-up car aod 125k on it no rust from cali
Old 07-13-2009, 03:47 PM
domindart
3rd Gear Member

Looks like a nice vert fox, you should be able to sell it quick.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fs308
thats how projects go. i remember when you first started off with that 6cylinder car that you were going to do a 50 swap to. ive had several cars since that time and my car current car has been sitting for close to 2yrs now and probably wont be running for another good year.

I regret buying that piece of crap, but it taught me a bit about cars and how to make sure I never bite off more than I can chew again...

tho it is nice to see her new owner got her running and on the road