5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

need some major electrical/emissions help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:15 PM
calypso93

Default need some major electrical/emissions help!!!

alright the symptom i am dealing with at the moment is as soon as I start my car, it surges to about 2500 rpm and stays there. if I leave the car in neutral whether i have the clutch in or not, it will eventually make its way back down to normal idle speed. as soon as I place the shifter in any gear, it surges again and wont come down until i place the shifter into neutral. this all started yesterday after beeing in some heavy traffic. ive run the codes and this is what I got.
34 egr-blocked off and vaccum lines plugged. also air pump is deleted
22 map sensor-replaced
23 tps- replaced and adjusted properly
67 not sure about this one, something to do with AC which was deleted
85 canister purge-hasnt been touched yet
84 some other egr crap

things i have replaced or adjusted or checked
02s, IAC 3 times, TPS, MAP, tps voltage, timing, vaccum, cleaned throtle body and MAF, i am aware of minor valve seal or guide issuse but pretty sure it wont cause surging.
after all this i still get all the same codes. (yes ive disconnected the battery to reset the computer)
when i unplug the iac, it will stop surging but as soon as i plug it in, it surges again

info on the car
93 , 5speed, some sort of ford motorsport cam, msd 6al box, blaster coil, h-pipe, no cats, ac delete(compressor still there just nothing else), smog delete, mac cold air, bbk equal length.
the only mods i did were the headers and cold air, the rest the previous owner did. i know nothing about msd...could this be my problem?

anyway i am very frustrated and have no idea what my problem is no one i know or have talked to knows what the deal ive stumped all the mechanics ive talked to. is it msd? my ecm? it all started yesterday after being in traffic it was running great before that. please help sorry for such a long post