5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Best Drag Radial

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2

lets see... mickeys... 3000 miles.
nittos.... 15000 miles.

I dont see nitto's costing 5 times what a mickey does.. therefor, its worth it

how many set sof mickeys lasted you 3k miles??? have you ever owned a pair ????
if u gave an ethiopian a rotten double whopper covered w/ vomit he'd think it was the best thing he ever ate... but would you eat it ? or opt for something better at the same price ?????

i get 10k out of the bias ply tires and more out of radials... i sell them w/ half tread left after 2 years for a new pair

nitto = slow car tire
mickey = real car tire
nitto = noob
mickey = player

nuff said

as for the rest.. opinions and such.... i'm not gonna start an internet fight.. it's just gay
Old 08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Another side note the Nittos do really well in the rain, important for a daily driver. My BFG's don't seem to be lasting long at all and MT's supposedly wear out even faster...
Old 08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

I got an easy 5000 miles out of my last pair of M/T's and that was with class racing one weekend a month. Regular street driving is not really that hard on them, it's doing 10 or more passes a couple times per month that really kills them.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:18 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by nitrous_bob
how many set sof mickeys lasted you 3k miles??? have you ever owned a pair ????
if u gave an ethiopian a rotten double whopper covered w/ vomit he'd think it was the best thing he ever ate... but would you eat it ? or opt for something better at the same price ?????

i get 10k out of the bias ply tires and more out of radials... i sell them w/ half tread left after 2 years for a new pair

nitto = slow car tire
mickey = real car tire
nitto = noob
mickey = player

nuff said

as for the rest.. opinions and such.... i'm not gonna start an internet fight.. it's just gay
any time you wanna put your "real car" against my "slow car".. you just post some slips

I'll be heading to the track on the 26'th. so we will see what my "slow car" does on its "noob" tires
Old 08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

any time you wanna put your "real car" against my "slow car".. you just post some slips

I'll be heading to the track on the 26'th. so we will see what my "slow car" does on its "noob" tires
Agreed!!!!!! But then again, I guess mid to low 11's is slow now these days! LOL!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 PM
89coupe
1st Gear Member

thanks for all your help guys. lol i would like to see these time slips too. it sounds like adders got a pretty mean machine so we'll have to see. hopin to get mine there here in the next couple of weeks so i'll pry have to get in on this action
Old 08-04-2009, 11:18 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I just took my Nitto 555r drag radials off last week after running them on the street and track for two seasons. My best spent $270! These tires hooked like crazy with the set up that I'm using now (a few of my mods are in my sig) and they were very well behaved on the street. They lasted me probably 12k-14k miles and I'm always doing burnouts and racing other cars. Like with any drag radial be VERY cautious in the rain and avoid puddles. They were only 245/50/16's. I think that alot of people have issues with these tires hooking because they don't have the suspension to get the most out of a drag radial. You can't just throw on a drag radial and expect it to hook like a slick.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:52 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by 89coupe
thanks for all your help guys. lol i would like to see these time slips too. it sounds like adders got a pretty mean machine so we'll have to see. hopin to get mine there here in the next couple of weeks so i'll pry have to get in on this action
read my sig.. because its all true..

my "slow car" is just a gigantic pile of crap that hardly ever goes anywhere... hell... it probably wont even break 300rwhp.. (hehehe)
Old 08-05-2009, 07:24 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

You guys are getting all upset over opinions, it's silly. We all have our reasons for picking out tires. For me it was to be as consistent as possible (and still be able to run a radial tire, per class rules that I was running in).
Old 08-05-2009, 04:15 PM
89coupe
1st Gear Member

read my sig.. because its all true..

my "slow car" is just a gigantic pile of crap that hardly ever goes anywhere... hell... it probably wont even break 300rwhp.. (hehehe)
haha nice.

Quick Reply: Best Drag Radial