5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

SCT 4-banks Eliminator review

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 06:37 PM
StillDyl
1st Gear Member

Default SCT 4-banks Eliminator review

im thinking about getting one of these babies, anyone have any luck or any bad luck with them? gimme the scoop.

vvvv thats the link for it vvvvv

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-4-...uter-chip.html
Old 12-25-2009, 08:13 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

if the mods in your sig are all that you have done to your car. the only improvement you will notice is in your posture while sitting. (b/c your wallet will be thinner)

you will not benefit in any way/shape/form from a mail order tune, especially with the little amount of mods you have done.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:32 PM
StillDyl
1st Gear Member

can i get some more opinions please!? cause so far he is the only one that has anything negative to say
Old 12-25-2009, 08:47 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by StillDyl
can i get some more opinions please!? cause so far he is the only one that has anything negative to say
dude seriously?
see how long ive been on this forum... see how many posts I have... Ive been doing this crap for a LONG time. you do not have enough modifications to justify getting a tune. and ordering a chip with a half asses mail order tune, isnt the best way to go. If you want a chip, go to a performance shop that has a dyno and can actually TUNE the car based on real resuslts, and actual data
Old 12-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Bubba 95SN
4th Gear Member

Adder is to the point. Spend money on something to improve performance.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:01 PM
StillDyl
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
dude seriously?
see how long ive been on this forum... see how many posts I have... Ive been doing this crap for a LONG time. you do not have enough modifications to justify getting a tune. and ordering a chip with a half asses mail order tune, isnt the best way to go. If you want a chip, go to a performance shop that has a dyno and can actually TUNE the car based on real resuslts, and actual data
im sorry your highness.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:30 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by StillDyl
im sorry your highness.
FINALLY.... someone understands

if you dont like it, go to another forum. One of these days you will figure out that im (usually) right
Old 12-25-2009, 10:38 PM
StillDyl
1st Gear Member

omg dude get off your pedestal. im not saying your wrong. at all. but all you said was that i was wrong and didnt tell me what was right. so i came back and asked for MORE opinions. i wasnt questioning YOURS.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:07 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Although Adder is a dick I have to agree with him, you really don't need a chip right now let alone a mail order tune. If/when you want a tune get it done right on a dyno so it's specifically for your setup.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:13 PM
StillDyl
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by OnyxCobra
Although Adder is a dick I have to agree with him, you really don't need a chip right now let alone a mail order tune. If/when you want a tune get it done right on a dyno so it's specifically for your setup.
thank you. your advice will be put into action! there is a all ford shop around here that will do it for me for $500!

Quick Reply: SCT 4-banks Eliminator review