5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Got Suspension???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:44 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default Got Suspension???

As you all know by now, I have the engine, the transmission, AND the tires... to get my big heavy sled down the 1320... but, to date, my suspension has been lacking. Originally I started off with the Bullitt handling package, swapped the C springs out with Eibach Sportlines. Traction, as you can imagine, did not get any better.

I replaced the Sportlines with Eibach Drag springs,a nd magically, I had traction again!
But still not enough.

Did I mention, that I am a GREAT example of NOT doing it right the first time... and having to do it over, and over, and over again...

SO anyway, here we are, and im trying to get my suspension sorted out, for the LAST time.

Strange 10 way adjustables: Front and rear
Baseline Suspensions Street launch upper control arm kit
UMI Lift bars

Am i doing it right yet? haha

Old 03-28-2010, 03:03 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Lol, doing it right the first time usually stops people because either they don't know better or just don't have the money and know they won't for awhile. I fall into that 2nd category.

I thought you already had the upper control arm kit installed. Looks good though man!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:10 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

you still running the eibachs? Kevin makes good stuff but im suprised he didnt tell you to go to stock v8 or 4cyl springs in the rear. Dave at team z told me to junk the eibachs and go back to my original springs. Holy hell did it help along with his suspension being in there lol. You should get a anti roll bar while your at it
Old 03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by 5.0kid
you still running the eibachs? Kevin makes good stuff but im suprised he didnt tell you to go to stock v8 or 4cyl springs in the rear. Dave at team z told me to junk the eibachs and go back to my original springs. Holy hell did it help along with his suspension being in there lol. You should get a anti roll bar while your at it
while an ARB would be a good idea, I dont weld, and it wouldnt be very friendly with the roads that are around here. They did infact tell me to grab stock V8 springs. I scooped a set from my girls little brother (3 foxes in their yard). My plans were to run the carwith the eibach springs, see what it does with the pinion angle set at 1-1/2", then throw the stocks in there, same pinion angle... and see which does better.

I actually wanted to run coilovers in the rear, and the guys at Z told me to run stock springs. I was looking forward to being able to set the rest of my geometry, such as IC, and AS.

Perhaps the coilovers will have to wait until I tub the rear fro the 325/50/15's i wanted to run... haha
Old 03-28-2010, 03:27 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
while an ARB would be a good idea, I dont weld, and it wouldnt be very friendly with the roads that are around here. They did infact tell me to grab stock V8 springs. I scooped a set from my girls little brother (3 foxes in their yard). My plans were to run the carwith the eibach springs, see what it does with the pinion angle set at 1-1/2", then throw the stocks in there, same pinion angle... and see which does better.

I actually wanted to run coilovers in the rear, and the guys at Z told me to run stock springs. I was looking forward to being able to set the rest of my geometry, such as IC, and AS.

Perhaps the coilovers will have to wait until I tub the rear fro the 325/50/15's i wanted to run... haha
Oh ok yeah both dave and kevin are super great guys to know. Im taking my car back to dave tuesday to get my pinion angle adjusted again, -2 wasnt enough were going to -3 since its all solid bushings. you can disconnect the anti roll bar on the street. I do at least takes about 5 min to unbolt the links. but really helps at the tract. LOL i want coil over as well but im same with you waiting till i tub the car
Old 03-28-2010, 03:29 PM
AYEOH5.0
3rd Gear Member

/jealous of the baseline kit. ive been eyeing that up for a while!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:29 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

look for your 60's to drop at least a tenth or not more with that relocated upper mount. im in the low 1.40s hoping to get a 1.3x this saturday at opening day.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:33 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

that last idea with a set of slicks ought to get enough traction down if all else fails
Old 03-28-2010, 03:36 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

Team z has a guy that went a 1.40 60 ft and ran a 9.9x with street radials that the guy bought at walmart seen it in person freaking crazy
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by 5.0kid
look for your 60's to drop at least a tenth or not more with that relocated upper mount. im in the low 1.40s hoping to get a 1.3x this saturday at opening day.
going from the 2.2-2.3 second time frame... im hoping for a bit more than a .1 drop...

Quick Reply: Got Suspension???