5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Shifter Question - What shifter do I have here? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:04 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by Ninety3Coupe
See? This is what I am talking about! Helpful by nature.

I am not much into 1/4 mile stuff, but I do enjoy handling for the street. If you have input for a nice set-up for this I would love to hear it.

I see tons of Eibach and H&R stuff...ehhh... Not interested. I have heard great things about Maximum Motorsports and I had planned on going that route. Have you an opinion on them?

I am continuing to look through the site. Thanks again for the link sir.
I have various MAXIMUM motorsport stuff on my car, panhard bar, caster camber kit and wheel spacer kits, for control arm needs team z all the way, panhard bar if you like to keep roll/sway to a minumum, I did such since my tires are so wide they'd rub on hard cornering, yes my car is set up for drag, but don't be fooled, it can hug corners, for shocks, strange 10 way adjustables, this way, you can set your stifness/ride quality
Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

suspension pics:

Old 09-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Ninety3Coupe

This is exactly the info I have needed.

I would like to be able to do a piece-meal set-up using the best as funds allow. What would you say is the best route to go for handling then? I wanted to just spend the X-Mas bonus on an entire MM set-up, but am thinking twice about that. A "all in one - made to work together kit" sounds nice though.

So Team Z for the arms and then who would you task with springs? I figured MM for the CC plates. I don't like the dumped look, a little lowered would be ideal, but not much.

The K-Memebr is something I have always wondered about. Is this a weight savings thing or a handling / rigidity thing...or both? I understand that saving weight contributes to handling, got it, but to what extent? This is a weekend car. I am not trying to shave a tenth off my (non-existent) track time here...

And then the rear. Ya got any input here? Is a panhard bar gonna benefit me? I want to have each piece compliment one another.

Thanks for any input, yet again.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Ninety3Coupe

Well damn! I just want your car!

Trade you a kidney for the suspension you have...
Old 09-22-2011, 07:38 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

no^^^^ 12 years to get it to that point, and it's still not the way It needs to be, I may take off the lakewood drag shocks and go with strange 10 ways, and go with a different control arm set up.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:17 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Well damn! I just want your car!

Trade you a kidney for the suspension you have...

pfft.... You should see under my car...
Old 09-22-2011, 10:32 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

See? This is what I am talking about! Helpful by nature.

I am not much into 1/4 mile stuff, but I do enjoy handling for the street. If you have input for a nice set-up for this I would love to hear it.

I see tons of Eibach and H&R stuff...ehhh... Not interested. I have heard great things about Maximum Motorsports and I had planned on going that route. Have you an opinion on them?

I am continuing to look through the site. Thanks again for the link sir.

Just a FYI to you....Eibach is the same company that makes the old racecraft and the Ford Racing springs....decent....

H&R are the the springs that maximum motorsports use for their kits. so you are in fact interested and not realizing it.

Mjr works mostly with 1/4 mile cars just like alot of people here BUT team z stuff will help on the street and on the strip.

Like he said you can't reinvent the wheel.....nothing against you but we get the same questions on the same subjects all the time on here and on other forums. That is part of the reason that some of the responses might seem like they do. THere are only so many companies that make so many parts. They have all been used in so many combos....the only real difference in anything with this car is the PSI being pushed, the size shot of nitrous or the cubic inch of the motor with the other 2 or al 3 combined..... I'm sure you can realize that after so long you can give a laundry list to someone about this car and if they have been around for awhile or have the experience they can give you a close estimate in HP, torque, and 1/4 runs the car will do....

Sorry for the long response...maybe the alcohol has to do with it but please stick around and read/learn or even put in your intelligent respsonses and help out other newbs....some are here for the enthusiasm and some are just *** holes but hey we all want the same in a long run

:i con_steer::ico n_steer:
Old 09-24-2011, 09:31 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

When it comes to control arms and k-member kits, our parts are top notch. (and priced below the competition!)

Suspension pics:

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...end/index.html

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...t_5/index.html
Old 09-24-2011, 10:43 PM
tohoopty
4th Gear Member

well idk if its been said or not but thats an old hurst shifter in the pic the op posted
Old 09-25-2011, 01:02 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

^^ As I am in the middle of replacing my tail shaft bushing I realized that is the same shifter I have. Except my top plate also has adjustable shift stops but the base plate is the same.

Quick Reply: Shifter Question - What shifter do I have here? HELP!